Thinking about this on C2w Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I like the option of different bikes and i already have 2 ebikes set-up in different formats for the ride to work.........but i got the chance on the new scheme to use ribble and i quite like this bike as another option.

What do you guys think? and please dont comment on cost or whether i need it

View attachment 505388
They actually feel good to ride. A mate bought one last year. I had to unbox it for him. Then take it for a ride. Did feel heavy above 16mph.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I just want to add this to the thread after the comments around only having 1 commuter - this is the blurb from the Green Commute Initiative

Look at the last line of the Blurb....

More and more employers are offering cycle to work schemes as an attractive, affordable financing model to their employees. We’ve partnered with the Green Commute Initiative, a leading UK-based provider. There’s no limit to the price of the bike, and you can save the full tax rate on the whole price of the bike. And unlike other schemes, there is no 7% end-of-scheme charge if you want to buy the bike for yourself.
The advantages for you:
  • Save up to 47% through tax breaks
  • No £1,000 limit – buy any bike
  • Pay with your gross salary in manageable instalments
  • No end-of-scheme fees
  • Ride however you want – not only commuting

so now you can build up a nice arsenal of bikes, without the usual moaners making comments about tax savings..........

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I thought the tax rules for the original £1,000 scheme were that the bike had to be used for commuting for a proportion of its use, 25 percent from memory.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I thought the tax rules for the original £1,000 scheme were that the bike had to be used for commuting for a proportion of its use, 25 percent from memory.
how would the rule be enforced and who would monitor the usage???

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That's what I thought, although I suppose monitoring/enforcement difficulty is not a good excuse not to make a rule, assuming you think the rule is otherwise worth making.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

i did notice though, that nobody made the same tax comments when i put that i had decided to just buy kit........i was awaiting for the " you can only use that kit for commuting mind, as my tax went towards paying for all that " lol

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Surely no one else's taxes went towards it, merely that your taxes didn't...
People think that any tax break, means others pay more.........but that’s just not the case. It’s why people make a fuss when others can use the scheme and they can’t i.e self employed for example....

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
i wonder what folks on CC would think of someone buying bikes on the CTW scheme, but never using them ...ever? Or someone buying on the CTW scheme for use by someone else? Or worse taking possession of new bicycle and taking advantage of the tax benefit but selling the bike immediately after delivery?

Slick

Guru
i wonder what folks on CC would think of someone buying bikes on the CTW scheme, but never using them ...ever? Or someone buying on the CTW scheme for use by someone else? Or worse taking possession of new bicycle and taking advantage of the tax benefit but selling the bike immediately after delivery?
The worst of all your options would be the not using it thing, it's like a model boat in the window, just not right.

There never was actually a £1000 limit - certain employers and schemes imposed limit - either by choice or ill advised.

The original scheme made it clear that usage of the bike would not be monitored.

Top Bottom