Thinking about this on C2w Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Like the Ribble you first posted, lovely colour just begging to get some off road muck all over it

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Might be worth trying to calorie control. As my rheum says, every time you go down stairs you put 7x your body weight through a knee. 700-800kg is a very large amount for a damaged joint. And it's not just the knees that obesity affects of course
No thanks......I like to live my life, not monitor it.

anthony joshua is 18st, would you say he was obese and putting excess pressure through his joints???

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Yes probably he is impacting his joints.
Pretty light on his feet in a boxing ring, also quick for a big lad..........just a little tip, just cause some one says there a big lad, don’t try offering advice on losing weight unless they ask for it. It’s commonly known as fat shaming and can cause other issues, I’m happy in my skin and in my life......keep the advice to bikes and not life coaching :okay:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

1582290164275.png

keeper of the purse strings not too happy with me wanting to pay 2k for a turbo bike.......so might get the above instead

Venod

Eh up
1st Ribble fugly seatstays, what were they thinking of.
2nd Ribble Ti my favourite frame material but still not keen on the dropped stays
3rd Ribble, The best of the three from Ribble.
Cube looks like a nice bike.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Cube looks nice but you’ve already got a couple of flat bar bikes, go for drops, something different.
drop bars with hydraulic breaks start at around 1k onwards..........swimbo prob wont be happy with that, but i could use the " your having 2 holidays in the south of france" card and see where that gets me lol

DRM

Guru
drop bars with hydraulic breaks start at around 1k onwards..........swimbo prob wont be happy with that, but i could use the " your having 2 holidays in the south of france" card and see where that gets me lol
It usually leads directly to the dog house in my experience, there was an old couple being interviewed on local TV, the reporter asked the very astute elderly husband, what’s the secret to a happy marriage? He came back as quick as a flash with, “just two words.....Yes dear.”

Crankarm

Guru
By your own admission you already have to ebikes for work. The clue is in the title of the scheme Cycle 2 Work. So you expect every one else to subsidise your increasing collection of bikes? By all means buy another bike but use your own cash and don't try to get a tax rebate to help you do so.

Slick

Guru
By your own admission you already have to ebikes for work. The clue is in the title of the scheme Cycle 2 Work. So you expect every one else to subsidise your increasing collection of bikes? By all means buy another bike but use your own cash and don't try to get a tax rebate to help you do so.
There are enough punitive measures out there so there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of the tax rules to get some of it back.

I've used 3 bikes on my commute last year depending upon conditions and availability and 2 were purchased on this scheme. Nothing wrong with it.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

He isn't doing anything illegal, so why shouldn't he enjoy the tax break?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I could have 7 bikes for work if I want, no rules to say how many I can have, so thanks for the new bike :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom