Thinking of buying this, Good or bad idea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well that is fair enough Josh and fair play to you.. I also feel the same. Nice new shiny things for me also. Yes you can sell bikes on here, however you will need to post a few more times before you can. 25+ posts. So keep posting and you will be able to gain access to the for sale section.

£Josh D said:
no i like new things, and i like to be able to say i have kept it in great condition for like 18months or whatever instead of getting ones with minor scratches etc, i want it to be gleaming! thanks alot for your help, can you sell bikes on here cus i want to flog my diamond back mountain bike? :biggrin:

OP
OP
£

£Josh D

OK, thanks alot for your help Ian! :biggrin:

KevinG

potsy said:
Not even got the bike yet and he's already colour co-ordinating it,no wonder you're on this one ian;)

My Carerra already has blue tyres to match the frame.

So much more of 'a statement' than the stock black. :sad:

So I'm with Ian on this one :sad:

Josh, have you got access to ebay? I really think with that sort of budget you'd get something much better 2nd hand. Let's put it this way -I am very new to road cycling again - the last time I did any was when I was a whippersnapper like you and that was a long time ago :sad:.

But, I persisted on ebay and also took a look on the for sales both here and another forum ...there you go...
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/index.php?c=5&sid=912f0c7886cb493a87b04d1dd97b12a4
and eventually found something around the £350 mark which I have since upgraded as I go along.

Without being funny here, there's not much you could upgrade on a bike like that CB. So, have a look and see what you can find because the other posters are right to mention 2nd hand - you'll get double the bike for the money and believe me Josh if you find something you think might be good you can send a link and people here will tell you what they think - what's good and what's bad. How do I know that? Because I made a right pain of myself constantly asking for others opinions on here and trust me people were excellent.

One other point, you say you want it nice and shiny and new but Josh, it won't stay like that for long if you're going to ride it - a bike is there to be used and a mechanically superior bike with a few scratches is better than a bright, gleaming mechanically inferior one. Don't be worrying about a few scratches - there are other things to worry about...like potholes, geriatric Mercedes owners and cycle-blind pedestrians.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth and all the very best whatever you decide to do. You've come to the right place for advice.

OP
OP
£

£Josh D

i cant exprees how much i appreciate all of your help and tthanks for the information on choosing the second hand option, i have taken that into consideration, i really like the claud butler and all my mates have sed its a beauty but at the end of the day its what under the bonnet in car terms if you get me, i am not putting ebay aside, i have used ebay for 3 years now buying and selling and it is a great thing to use. i have taken in all of your comments and i will merge the together in order to choose the right bike to suit me. i am also hoping to do some chaity events soon so wish me luck and thank again :biggrin:

Top Bottom