Thinnest angle grinder disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's not a Flintstones bicycle!

Fred Flintstone always swore by steel bikes. One whack from his club and a carbon would shatter into a million pieces.

Adam4868

Guru
There's no wobble if you wear the disc down first,or clamp a guide on.The better quality discs are worth paying a bit extra for though.

gasinayr

Über Member

chris-suffolk

But the cut is more than 1mm isn't it?

Not sure. When I saw him use it the cut looked pretty thin to me

PapaZita

Guru
For the thinnest, straightest cut, how about a slitting saw in a milling machine? Very thin cuts of less than 0.5 mm should be possible. Obviously you need the machinery and someone who knows how to use it. Even on a big machine, access around the seat tube might be tricky.

D

Deleted member 26715

Such a shame the OP posed a question then ran away, i'm intrigued what he wants to do

Lookrider

I worked for my former father in law making wrought iron gates and railings, and other stuff. He treated the grinder with disdain, having seen a colleague peppered with shards. He would reach for a file or the saw first From what I learned, pay What you can afford for best discs, match the rpm to the motor, and make sure they are dry and in date. Oh, and keep the guard on! Many supposed Safety glasses are also not rated for flying abrasive disc.
Yes very correct
Safety glasses are for dust only
You need a full face visor
A thin disc may shatter
Check its max speed/revolutions on the Disc info
Then check the speed the grinder spins at
You may find some thin discs are not rated for the speed of the grinder and may prove unsafe

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Such a shame the OP posed a question then ran away, i'm intrigued what he wants to do
Slicing a bike frame longwise and sticking it on the wall would be my guess. He's maybe unable to type with the missing digits and the bandaged stumps;)

I sat in a guesthouse dining room a few years ago on a cycling holiday, under a lovely lugged tandem of French origin, maybe forties vintage, which had been given such treatment to become "art", and bolted to the wall. In that case it was a real waste of craftsmanship. We shall maybe see

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I worked for my former father in law making wrought iron gates and railings, and other stuff. He treated the grinder with disdain, having seen a colleague peppered with shards. He would reach for a file or the saw first From what I learned, pay What you can afford for best discs, match the rpm to the motor, and make sure they are dry and in date. Oh, and keep the guard on! Many supposed Safety glasses are also not rated for flying abrasive disc.
Yup
1616026155608.png

gasinayr

Über Member
Years ago I had a "Flying Scot Track" bike, man I knew hounded me for ages to buy it. I finally gave in to him and sold it. Later found out he mounted it above his fireplace and it never saw the outside again.

Top Bottom