This can't ne legal ????

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by sparkyman, 12 Jul 2012.

1. sparkyman

sparkyman Kinamortaphobic

2. PaulB

PaulB Guru

That's got to be a con. I looked to see if it was April 1st but it's not. I'm not having it that that's real.

3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

The photo looks too fake, maybe the seller's name is a clue?

Anyway if you were selling a one-off like that you would post loads of pics showing all the details, not just one crappy pic that looks like it's been lifted from a catalogue and photoshopped.

4. rollinstok

rollinstok Well-Known Member

I dont believe Cheryl Cole could ride this bike so the listing is probably innacurate anyway

5. rollinstok

rollinstok Well-Known Member

On further reflection, it could be possible to mime riding a bike so I retract my earlier comment

Panter and Mad Doug Biker like this.
  6. These things are widely available in the US where they are usually fitted to single speed cruiser style bikes with coaster rear brakes - as far as I can tell it has no rear brake, the motor sprocket has replaced the original disc. So, no, it's not legal. But it's also not legal too.

7. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

It's only not legal if used on the road. Off road is a different story.

8. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

It will never be legal for the road. No matter what the vendor has said about the conversation held with VOSA, it will never be issued with an MOT certificate.

9. HovR

HovR Über Member

Wouldn't want to ride one anyway. 2 smoke? No thanks.

If I was in the market for a powered bike, it'd be that Specialized one released a while ago.

10. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

It's not legal on or off road and would be impounded and destroyed if you were caught by the police in the UK.

11. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

off road, on private property, perfectly legal. off road in public places, not so sure. Don't think the police would be able to impound it if it's not being used in an antisocial way as no law is actually being broken.

12. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

Not to be sold or bought in this country. The build is not legal. Now if you made it yourself and used it on your own property that's fine.

13. stephyt

stephyt Active Member

lol that's one ugly beast :ohmy: and would u trust a seller with that many typos in the description?!? cheryl cole would prob get someone to push her on it lmao :smile:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  14. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

You can get electric conversion kits with that sort of speedas well, but as others have said no chance of them being legal over here.

15. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

I want one of these:

... and a LOT of spare tyres!

Panter and cyberknight like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice