This commute I did not enjoy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done for staying up and thanks for the info @mcshroom!
PS: just noticed your signature :ph34r:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
PS: just noticed your signature :ph34r:

It's actually becoming topical again now. That's the last verse of a poem called 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening' by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

PS: Is that helmet to defend your avatar from Potsy's?

BSRU

A Human Being
Are those the ones Fossy and BSRU use? They're on sale :smile:
Like @Potsy said, they look very much like winters with extra nobs.
Are they prone to losing studs like the winters?
Yes there the ones I have on my MTB.
Touch wood I still have not lost any studs on my Marathon Winters but I did ride them in as requested.
Do not know about the Ice Spikers as I have not really used them enough.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

It's actually becoming topical again now. That's the last verse of a poem called 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening' by Robert Frost

PS: Is that helmet to defend your avatar from Potsy's?

Did you know that the last 4 lines of the poem are used to trigger "sleeper killers" with a phone call in a Stephen King book/film? :ph34r:
Nice poem it is too!

My cat ventured in a helmet thread .... :laugh:

Nice one Pat. SOunds like the kind of weather I would get my old mountain bike out and skid around for fun. Commuting in it, don't think I would be that brave, but good on you. I fell off my bike in nice,dry sunny weather the other day, I saw a deer in the road up ahead and was so fascinated I forgot to unclip and fell into the ditch, got up unscathed but embarrassed, with the deer still watching me (I am sure it was laughing!). SO me cycling in those conditions is a no-no.

Well it should be nice in South-West France really:becool:. Mind you last February it was between -15 and -19 fro 2 weeks, couldn't even walk out of the front door, let alone cycle in it.:cold:

Col5632

Guru
I have snow studs on my hybrid (they are 700x38c). I haven't had to try deep snow yet but they seem happy enough with ice and shallower snow. The tread is a bit more aggressive than the Marathon Winters but not quite as deep as a full knobbly tyre.
The only problem I had recently was riding up a short steep slope on a back road which had a sheet of black ice on it. Unfortunately as the bike is singlespeed I stood up to drive it up the hill, and the unweighed rear wheel started spinning on the ice. Somehow I stayed spiky-side down though

I didnt know you could get the snow studs in that size, where did you get them about?

RWright

Guru
Pat, that is a great avatar picture. I have a mini helmet...and a cat...a camera...and an idea....naaah, my hands would be shreds lol. That is one tame feline or you found some good kitty downers at the drug store. :smile:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Pat, that is a great avatar picture. I have a mini helmet...and a cat...a camera...and an idea....naaah, my hands would be shreds lol. That is one tame feline or you found some good kitty downers at the drug store. :smile:
Nay, I stole the avatar from @Cunobelin who was making fun of my helmet wearing tendencies :biggrin:

Top Bottom