This left me quite shaken last night, and i was not even involved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Seriously? I hope you're just trolling to get attention.
No I'm joking. If I thought my family was in danger I'd amble along at walking pace.

Yes, this wasn't Taken 2, it was a bellend taking revenge for a perceived slight. He's the sort who would shoulder-charge you in the street.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Flyby will only count if the filming rider and the peanut are both members. They most likely are.

How can we find this guy and ensure this does not happen again

What a total daffodil move

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
If this happened to me, it would be hard for me to keep my cool. Id probably chase him down just to kick him off his bike and make sure he ends up in the gutter where he belongs and leave him there. But if i did that, id be no worse then him :/

If i saw it happen to someone else in front of me i would have gone after the other cyclist and pulled him to one side for a talking to. Try to get his details and forward all footage to the METs safer cycling team or even take the details of the cyclist who was almost crushed under the wheels of a vehicle and let him know that i have footage if he wants to press charges against the nobber.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If this happened to me, it would be hard for me to keep my cool. Id probably chase him down just to kick him off his bike and make sure he ends up in the gutter where he belongs and leave him there.
Nah, if that happened to you, you're on a TfL bike so don't need to kick him. Just let your adrenaline pump the pedals until you catch him at the next lights, jump off and let the tank trash his lightweight!

But if i did that, id be no worse then him :/
Yeah, this sort of stuff should remain only fantasy.

OP
OP
idlecyclist

idlecyclist

It didn't occur to me that this could be have been deliberate.
I watch the footage of the whole ride to see if these two had a previous encounter, and they hadn't.
The "Barger" first appears in the footage when he goes past me at the lights at Milbank, the Boris biker does not appear in the footage at anytime before the incident.

Sorry i cut the video off too soon, Here is a slightly longer version.

The "Barger" does stop at the lights, but makes no attempt to apologize.
The Boris Biker walks the bike around the corner and cycles off. He does look over to see if anyone is offering an apology, which they are not.

I was going to say something to the "Barger" but when i got to the lights, i was not actually sure which rider it was. (might sound silly, but I just remembered it was a guy in dark clothing with a rucksack, while i was asking Boris biker if he was ok, a similar looking rider went in front of me and i was not sure who was who).

Looking at Strava flyby, i think i can identify the cyclist. But im not going to name him.

I think the Boris Biker did amazing well to stay upright.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Nah, if that happened to you, you're on a TfL bike so don't need to kick him. Just let your adrenaline pump the pedals until you catch him at the next lights, jump off and let the tank trash his lightweight!

Yeah, this sort of stuff should remain only fantasy.

I wouldnt be on a boris bike when I have 3 of my own bikes. :boxing:

subaqua

What’s the point
Strava Flyby shows who has been riding the same route as oneself at the same time on a map.
That's if he is on Strava.
Thanks for the explanation .

looking at the extended footage the barger is the one to left of filmer at lights.

and i would name the barger. thats just not good riding

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Some pretty aggressive fellows on here, wonder if it would follow through in real life?!

It was totally wrong but I really seriously doubt it was intentional, I have made my fair share of mistakes both in my car and on my bike after all I am only human and to name and shame on social media would be totally out of order.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hope they get to see the footage though, and realise what happened to the other rider!! And how close they were to potentially causing the death of a cyclist and others that would have witnessed it and the lorry driver deeply affected.

Top Bottom