This left me quite shaken last night, and i was not even involved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Thanks for the explanation .

looking at the extended footage the barger is the one to left of filmer at lights.

and i would name the barger. thats just not good riding

The barger is the one to the right at front next to the VW car.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If only there was something between ambling along and nearly killing someone.
Well in the aforementioned admittedly unlikely scenario, I can't imagine I'd be thinking too clearly.

But back to reality, I think one possibility is that the guy's gone for an overtake, realised he's a bit too close to the approaching truck and taken evasive action. He's make a proper cock up of it though and hit the other dude, so he's pedalled off as fast as possible because he's simply too embarrassed / cowardly to face up to it. His ambition exceeded his ability and he's too ashamed to admit it.

swansonj

Guru
Well in the aforementioned admittedly unlikely scenario, I can't imagine I'd be thinking too clearly.

But back to reality, I think one possibility is that the guy's gone for an overtake, realised he's a bit too close to the approaching truck and taken evasive action. He's make a proper cock up of it though and hit the other dude, so he's pedalled off as fast as possible because he's simply too embarrassed / cowardly to face up to it. His ambition exceeded his ability and he's too ashamed to admit it.
I once had a brainstorm, pulled out of a side road onto a slightly less side road without stopping, forced a car to brake suddenly to avoid squashing me, and was so embarrassed and cowardly that I turned down a lane and hid behind a churchyard wall to ensure no-one could tell me what I already knew, that I'd been a complete plonker.

jay clock

Massive member

I agree 100% with that assessment. and the various twunt comments of course

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Some pretty aggressive fellows on here, wonder if it would follow through in real life?!

It was totally wrong but I really seriously doubt it was intentional, I have made my fair share of mistakes both in my car and on my bike after all I am only human and to name and shame on social media would be totally out of order.
So if the fella on the Boris was now dead, it would be ok, because it was an error of judgement?
That was one easily avoided accident!
And yes, if it was me on the receiving end of that, the other fella would probably be in hospital with me happily facing the consequences.
The man is quite clearly an ignorant butt-wipe.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
So if the fella on the Boris was now dead, it would be ok, because it was an error of judgement?
That was one easily avoided accident!
And yes, if it was me on the receiving end of that, the other fella would probably be in hospital with me happily facing the consequences.
The man is quite clearly an ignorant butt-wipe.
Where exactly did I say it was ok at all, let alone if the fella was dead? Big men on the internet dishing out imagined punishment - a little bit weird to say the least.

Can't we dox him to make sure this never happens again?

Top Bottom