This made me laugh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw this when I was out and about working today. Made me laugh out loud as it's something I'm guilty of too but that's just cos I want to have a nosey as to why the
road is closed lol

Slick

Guru
Saw this when I was out and about working today. Made me laugh out loud as it's something I'm guilty of too but that's just cos I want to have a nosey as to why the
road is closed lol View attachment 493717
Me too, sometimes I just like to stick both fingers up at car drivers as they can't get through. ^_^

To be fair, round here we had a couple of road closures and the drivers just got out and shifted the barriers out the way anyway.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Put the damm sign on the other side of the barrier! Who's going to push their bike past the end with the long grass and puddle?!

Edit: I bet I now get told by the OP that there was another barrier right next to it meaning the verge side is the only way through:blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Put the damm sign on the other side of the barrier! Who's going to push their bike past the end with the long grass and puddle?!

Edit: I bet I now get told by the OP that there was another barrier right next to it meaning the verge side is the only way through:blush:

I would never pick up on a point like that ;)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
There is currently one on my commute in to work. (I avoid it on the way home as a bus/cycle lane is preferable because of much heavier traffic). Avoiding snagging on the wire fencing surrounding various piles of building materials and plant can be challenging on a currently poorly lit road, but at 6.30am there are no workers. And because the road works also affects two road junctions, other than the wire fence slalom, it gives me just over half a mile of no cars.:becool:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Take a Sharpie with you next time and insert a "DOES NOT".

robgul

Legendary Member
Have to say I usually ignore road closed signs when on a bike - riding the end-to-end in 2010 we came across such a sign near Ludlow - so we carried on to find a trench across the road with the spoil that had been dug out about 3 feet high and from hedge to hedge across the width of the lane . . . as luck would have it there was a house on one side of the lane with a gate .... so in the gate, through the garden and out of the gate on the other side of the trench. Result.

And in the depths of France we gingerly wheeled our bikes across a concrete lintel that that was the base for a new bridge across a stream - the concrete beam was no more than about 15 inches wide!!

Rob

lane

Veteran
Same here. Done some some quite extreme things to get through on a couple of occasions. Four road closures last weekend defeated me in the floods though.

I read some time ago on the Suffolk County Council website that with road closures they should be left open for pedestrians and cyclists.
What annoys me is when a road is closed and no work is actually being done on it. Fair dues if the road is genuinely closed for safety reasons,

I've been caught out :blush: Pedestrians will get by :rolleyes: Nope. The last time was when I went down a road north of Edinburgh Airport only to discover the rail bridge was getting lifted and nobody was getting by. I think doubling back and then going South of the airport (via Kirkliston) cost me 4 miles :laugh:

Top Bottom