This months Cycle+ Mag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I stopped buying C+ as they had some stupid debate in the letters page about costs of commuting by bike. The Ed said it wasn't possible to spend less than £400-500 a year on commuting. I thought.....Hmmmmmmm, you wish! So I have not purchased C+ "The Manufacturers' brochure" since and have saved approx £600 in 11 years.

So Ha! C+ look whose laughing now! From the subscriptions I have saved, rather than wasting my hard earned on your feeble rag, I have bought a new bike instead :rolleyes:.

postman

Legendary Member
Crankarm-Just like you i stopped subscription ,it seemed to review products that were out of my price range.

But it must be difficult to understand your potential buyers needs.

But i get regular invites to come back .At prices a lot less than the shops selling price.

dodgy

It's about the same quality as was given away with MBR magazine a while back. They're not as soft as a real buff, but good enough for the price.

Crankarm

Guru
Yes, but you can get a good warm durable motorcycle tube for £3.99 or a neck fleece from Deacathlon for £2.99 (£1.50 in sale, I bought x3). All come in 3 or 4 colours. You don't have to suffer buying and reading the C+ manufacturers' brochure either. I think they photoshop every image to make the people perfect and bikes and components sparkle to tempt you to buy them.

just jim

It's not all bad - aspirational yes. I know what I can and can't afford so feel less inclined to drool over stuff. I'm not part of the demographic - Yahoo!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crankarm said:
Yes, but you can get a good warm durable motorcycle tube for £3.99 or a neck fleece from Deacathlon for £2.99 (£1.50 in sale, I bought x3). All come in 3 or 4 colours. You don't have to suffer buying and reading the C+ manufacturers' brochure either. I think they photoshop every image to make the people perfect and bikes and components sparkle to tempt you to buy them.

Gosh really, who'd a thought it eh? Publishers make effort to make magazine and contents desirable.

If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it (I don't, only very occasionally to take on a train journey and always remember why I don't normally bother). But if someone fancies a copy anyway, and they get a free buff, thats' good...

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Works for me you moany old git

Crankarm said:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wish someone would photoshop me to make me more desirable:sad:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
So, does anyone know if shop ones have the buff? I don't usually get the mag (even in the days when myself and a lot of those here were on the C+ forum)... have bought it occasionally... but just wondering... quite fancy trying out a buff to see if I like 'em or not.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Fnaar said:
So, does anyone know if shop ones have the buff? I don't usually get the mag (even in the days when myself and a lot of those here were on the C+ forum)... have bought it occasionally... but just wondering... quite fancy trying out a buff to see if I like 'em or not.

Yeah, I'd like to know too - if someone could report back by 5:30 because then I can swing by Saino's on the the way home and pick one up.

Cheers :smile:

Crankarm

Guru
Fnaar said:

Fnaar in the buff ..:wacko: :smile:.

Top Bottom