This months Cycle+ Mag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
CharlieB said:
Remind me again what that theory was, please?

Allow me...

'A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.'

genius!

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I've also just been reminded that:

'More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with.'

What's this to do with free buffs, btw?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm going to see about getting one tomorrow. I looked in Sainsburys, but they didn't have it. I also resisted the current Dr Who comic which has a free pull back and go Dalek with it (along with many pictures of David Tennant of course). I may yet weaken....

Downward

Guru
I knew this would be about the Buff but Websense classes Cafe as networking !

Anyway wore mine this morning along with my old one.
Does the job

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just about to go out on the bike with my new buff :thumbsup: I love it! :biggrin: My kids are telling me I look like one of those grey-haired Harley Davidson riders, (but my hair isn't THAT grey yet, so...)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Or Italian Prime Ministers...

berlusconi_bandana.jpg

gavintc

Guru
Panter said:
How do you wear it as a balacvlava then?
I had a few goes but just ended up looking like one of the early Doctor who baddies :laugh:

http://www.buffwear.co.uk/pages/product-info/ways-to-wear.php

All the details you need.

Downward

Guru
Panter said:
How do you wear it as a balacvlava then?
I had a few goes but just ended up looking like one of the early Doctor who baddies :laugh:

You can do it with 1 but having 2 means you can cover your neck better.

Problem as a balaclava is it flaps arounds at the side and reduces visibility.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I am officially a buff convert (though not enough to buy a CC one... sorry ;) I liked the freebie)... not mastered getting it to be a beanie yet, but it kept my head nice and warm this morning under my helmet (recent purchase too... never bothered before) :blush:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Finally tracked one down at the third attempt. ;)

Mrs McGinty said it was like watching our daughter getting the 'free gift' off the front of one of her wretched magazines!

Humph... ;)

:hyper:

Top Bottom