This months Cycle+ Mag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigSteev

The shop ones do have the 'buff'. Saw it in WHS this morning. Had no idea what a 'buff' was - assumed it was a rag for buffing up your shiny frame as that's what it looked like. You people wear those things?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
BigSteev said:
The shop ones do have the 'buff'. Saw it in WHS this morning. Had no idea what a 'buff' was - assumed it was a rag for buffing up your shiny frame as that's what it looked like. You people wear those things?

Brilliant bit of kit.

Arch

Married to Night Train
BigSteev said:

Look here:

http://www.buffwear.co.uk/

Very useful things buffs. Doubles (triples? quadruples?) as a scarf, lightweight hat, face warmer, fly and midge excluder (worn up over the mouth), head band, hairband, bandana, headscarf.... I'm sure in an emergency it could be used to bandage a limb, or hold on a dressing. Or even, to polish your bike...

As is often the case, a very simple idea that works on many many levels. Actually, it's a bit like the Douglas Adams theory of a towel.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's the Jan issue, isn't it? Which of course comes out at the start of December... tht annoys me... but anyway, my local Smiffs only has Dec issue at the mo...

snakehips

Fnaar said:
It's the Jan issue, isn't it? Which of course comes out at the start of December... tht annoys me... but anyway, my local Smiffs only has Dec issue at the mo...
Same here. At least I assume it's an old issue. I couldn't find the date on it as it's wrapped to stop browsers etc. The main article was Upgrade your bike' or something similar.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK a couple of commutes testing the Buff and can honestly say that it is as good as any of the others I have.. so definitely worth buying the mag if you want a cheap option for a buff.

Norm

And it is on the shelves today.

Well, one copy isn't, it's in my office, but it is in circulation. :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
Well I wore mine this morning - not bad. It is not as soft as my other one, but I have not washed it yet and it may improve with washing.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mine was b&w also, (quite like it myself) so can imagine they all are.

CharlieB said:
Mind you, the colourway is a bit boring… (did it it only come in black & white, or is it that I picked up the last copy in the shop?)

Top Bottom