This running malarkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
All it ever did for me was hurt when I was doing it, and build up a lot of orthopedic problems for me. Unlike cycling, I quit it, and I felt better.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Running is much harder, yes!! Ripped a calf up last time I tried and bought a bike while I was injured. The plan was to keep fit with a cycling commute and run for a few hours at the weekend but then I realised how draining cycling actually is, so I've not gone back to the running...yet...hats off to you & good luck :thumbsup:

AndyRM

XOXO
They're not for everyone, but I found Vevo Barefoot shoes greatly enhanced my running experience. Less injuries and a better 'feel' for the road.

Also, make sure you do IT band strengthening exercises as cycling and running knackers them. Mine right one is currently gubbed from neglect over Christmas.

Plax

Guru
I've started running more that cycling these days. I don't enjoy cycling in the rain or wind. It's also a PITA drying off your bike after it has had a soaking. With running, rain and wind isn't very nice, but more tolerable and when you get in all you have to do is chuck your wet gear in the wash.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
You never seem to see a runner with a smile on their face.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
They're not for everyone, but I found Vevo Barefoot shoes greatly enhanced my running experience. Less injuries and a better 'feel' for the road.

Also, make sure you do IT band strengthening exercises as cycling and running knackers them. Mine right one is currently gubbed from neglect over Christmas.

Do what?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was abroad on business, stuck in the same place for a couple of weeks. In a hotel with no gym. Cycling would be a death wish there with the traffic so I decided to go for a run instead. I'd brought some gear for just such an eventuality.

Half an hour plodding around some industrial estate getting stared at by the locals. Feck that. I remembered why I stopped running and started cycling.

I started via a couch to 5k a couple of years or so ago as going out on the bike for a decent ride takes a lot longer, I can run a 5K then be home and showered in an hour, it's more likely to be 3+ if I'm out on the bike. Plus it's something I can do at work (ship has a treadmill). I am still no quicker now than I was when I completed the c25k and definitely no more than 10k.
Biggest problem now is the treadmill has died so when I get home next week it will be 4 weeks without a run. First one will be tough.

tyred

Legendary Member
Running is what you do out of necessity in serious situations if being chased by a raging bull or if you're out in the garden and about to miss the start of Coronation Street.

Certainly not something I would do for fun but the dedication and fitness of those who do gets respect from me.

Top Bottom