This site may of be use to you fine folk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

junkie_ball

So long story short went out on a ride this morning and my Garmin route went hey wire meaning my turn by turn instructions didn't work but i let it go as my riding partner had his Garmin with the same route and I had an idea of roughly where we were heading. Anyway after taking the wrong turn for the 4/5th time in only the first 20 miles and riding partner only noticing a mile down the road (he's technically challenged ;)) the last one being at the top of a 3 mile climb with an average gradient of 9% I decide to stop my Garmin and reset it so I had the route on my device so we didn't go astray again.

Anyway, this left me with two rides on my Garmin which i wanted to upload to strava as a single ride. A quick web search and i came across this site http://gotoes.org/strava/Combine_GPX_TCX_FIT_Files.php which stitches the two files together to a single ride seamlessly. This may help you guys out if you have a need to combine rides for any reason.

@junkie_ball this is beauty of TCX files as the sections between laps can be extracted and combined with the laps, bit more technical as you edit the tcx file directly (also gpx files as they are text based as well) FIT files are binary and need converting to a TCX when I had a 500 RWGPS didn't seem to like the FIT file very much and tended to give lots of little peaks and troughs (if corrected) giving a little bit of an unrealistic elevation gain the same wasn't true of TCX files as I had to get a cheap Bryton after someone in the family stole my Garmin, this however is why I continue to use an old 705.

But for those who want an easier life than me a nice one.

Top Bottom