This weather - stop already...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I managed a short ride with the mutt today. We got home about 5 minutes before the hail started pummeling the windows.
Enough already!!!
I'm gonna end up out of the 50m/50k a month challenge at this rate.

Smudge

Veteran
I still get out on my bikes & ebikes a fair bit in winter, but as I only ride my motorcycles on the weekend they've not been used for months. Every weekend for months seems to be rain, wind, or wet slimy roads.
I've done the least motorcycle miles this winter for as long as i can remember.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I got out today. Only 13 miles from home to the river but side and tail winds most of the way. I wasn’t about to ride back. Got a lift into the wind, to home. Sometimes you need to be sneaky with the weather. I was planning on traveling back by train but a gravel bike on the replacement bus service wasn’t happening.

I am fed up with the incessant wind but it cannot last for ever.

It doesn't bother me. Spending my kiddie years in the Northern Isles means I'm hardened to it.
Yeeesss...... but no-one much cycles in Shetland, do they! It's been 50+mph in Hillswick for the last couple of weeks, mostly accompanied by rain. Last night was Northmavine Up-Helly-Aa and they shortened the boat dragging bit, prior to the boat burning bit, from about one kilometre to about one hundred metres - even Vikings don't like gale force wind and rain much it would seem ^_^

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
I was going out early doors tomorrow to buy a load of plywood, might give it a miss if the wind's up again!.

Second weekend of jobs written off by the weather but could be a lot worse..

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Every weekend for months seems to be rain, wind, or wet slimy roads.

Not just the weekends, it's been equally shite during the week too. I've only done half the mileage since last September that I did in the same period the year before. Every time I contemplate getting a bike out, it's either pissing down, has been recently pissing down and the roads are swimming with water and woods boggy, or the wind is strong enough to make riding downright unpleasant and sometimes even dangerous. The only positive thing about this winter is it hasn't been especially cold most of the time - but I've had enough of the "liquid sunshine" to last me a lifetime. Thoroughly hacked off and I just work more Sunday overtime rather than write off yet another crap weekend with nothing to show for it.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
need some sun already!!!
In 2014 when the Somerset levels flooded, a different sort of sun came out in an attempt to cheer up the residents of Muchelney Village.

It didn't work.

Slick

Guru
I managed a short ride with the mutt today. We got home about 5 minutes before the hail started pummeling the windows.
Enough already!!!
I'm gonna end up out of the 50m/50k a month challenge at this rate.
I feel your pain as I'm also in danger of missing out. I've arranged an hour at the local velodrome on Monday night just to try and keep the pedals turning but I am pinning a lot of my Hope's on a good day next Friday to get some real miles done and still in contention.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I find going for a walk to be infinitely preferable to cycling in windy, but dry conditions. My ratio of walking to cycling has been transposed over the last few months, as I like to keep active no matter what. When it's absolutely chucking it down though, neither riding nor walking holds any appeal. Getting caught out in the rain is unlucky, but deliberately going out in it is a special form of insanity, IMHO.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What's all this misuse of the word "already"? We're not New York Jews so stop it, FFS.

Yes I'm sick of it too and really depressed as we've got water coming in through the roof in two places. Today the rain stopped and I was able to get a few jobs done outside so feeling a bit better now. In fact it's now quite warm and dry and only moderately windy so it would have been good to fit the lights on the bike and nip out for a quickie if I hadn't just had supper.

Off to Africa tomorrow for two weeks so I'll be fretting about air conditioning and mosquitos instead.

Slick

Guru
What's all this misuse of the word "already"? We're not New York Jews so stop it, FFS.

Yes I'm sick of it too and really depressed as we've got water coming in through the roof in two places. Today the rain stopped and I was able to get a few jobs done outside so feeling a bit better now. In fact it's now quite warm and dry and only moderately windy so it would have been good to fit the lights on the bike and nip out for a quickie if I hadn't just had supper.

Off to Africa tomorrow for two weeks so I'll be fretting about air conditioning and mosquitos instead.
I'm just back, the mosquitoes loved me until I got some decent spray. Weather was amazing by the coast but far too hot over the mountains. Enjoy

Top Bottom