This weather - stop already...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
After being woken up at 3am by what sounded like a nearby tornado... i was pleasantly surprised that the weather had decided to ease off by 5am. First time in a fortnight that i've not had to ride into a headwind. :okay:

Julia9054

Guru
I am missing part of my shed roof.
So that is going to be fun.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For me, it's the fact that the trails are so incredibly muddy, so it's a major clean up job when home ! That said, 3 weeks ago I set 2 PB's on local descents in sloppy mud - probably because I couldn't see where I was going. I actually smashed the previous 'dry' descents times - I must have just slid down. That said, I had no brake pads left after that ride, front and rear.:laugh:

Twilkes

Guru
Some very blustery commutes this week, but to make up for it, judging by tomorrow's wind speed and direction and lack of rain, some of my PB's are going to fall. :smile:

johnnyb47

Guru
I don't know if I'm seeing a mirage but my phone is saying the weather is supposed to be a little better tomorrow. I've charged the garmin up, washed my cycling gear and waiting in great anticipation for a ride out tomorrow

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
For me, it's the fact that the trails are so incredibly muddy, so it's a major clean up job when home ! That said, 3 weeks ago I set 2 PB's on local descents in sloppy mud - probably because I couldn't see where I was going. I actually smashed the previous 'dry' descents times - I must have just slid down. That said, I had no brake pads left after that ride, front and rear.:laugh:

With all the rain recently, it's that muddy round here that I've even had to find alternative routes to walk the dog! Cleaning a mud-soaked Jack Russell is even more fun than cleaning the bike...:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Spotted on today’s ride can anyone identify what this is in the sky? Do I need to be ready for an asteroid impact?
View attachment 505577
Asteroid 2002 PZ39?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Walking the dogs has been my main form of exercise for a few months. However, I've just been out to the garage and while I was there I stood looking at the bike. The urge to get back on it started coursing through me, so hopefully we'll get a few reasonable days next week. Tomorrow looks ok, but it's been decided that I'm fitting under cabinet lights in the kitchen instead.

Crankarm

Guru
It doesn't bother me. Spending my kiddie years in the Northern Isles means I'm hardened to it. I'm still riding most days. The way I see it I'd never get out at all if I let the weather dictate to me, and I love cycling too much to allow that to happen.

You are so inspiring. I am in awe of your enthusiasm wanting to ride in challenging difficult conditions. Chapeau.

Top Bottom