England : Leicestershire This years plans for 13 riders rides Ideas ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Having led a few rides last year reasonable successfully . Noone got lost or left behind and everyone seemed happy . I am thinking of doing some more possiblely every 2 months . First one end of Feb will be Leicester based ..Then April Market Bosworth based. After that I'm after ideas a couple of destinations I have in mind are Rutland Water and Cafe Ventoux . I quite like the idea of meeting fellow Ccers even if is a cafe meet up halfway somewhere .I know @biggs682 fancy a meet up so Northampton Ccers @PeteXXX and @The Bystander any ideas welcome . Also anyone from Notts who rides south vale of Belvoir area @simon.r . So ideas from my regulars @Supersuperleeds , @Lilliburlero ,@tallliman ,@Joobert ,@cyberknight ,@broady ,@guitarpete247 more than welcome.
Looking forward to some ideas

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Your regulars - makes you sound like a sex worker :laugh:

I'll have a think about some routes.

There is a nice cafe out Old Dalby way, think it is called Nice Pies or something :whistle:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Your regulars - makes you sound like a sex worker :laugh:

I'll have a think about some routes.

There is a nice cafe out Old Dalby way, think it is called Nice Pies or something :whistle:
If you can plot something out to Market Narborough we could possible meet up with the Northampton crew I don't no the roads that well . @PeteXXX I believe uses a cafe at Waterloo farm near Harborough.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If you can plot something out to Market Narborough we could possible meet up with the Northampton crew I don't no the roads that well . @PeteXXX I believe uses a cafe at Waterloo farm near Harborough.

I can do that, if we started somewhere like Syston we could do a nice 25ish mile route to Market Harborough, have a cafe stop and meet up with the Northampton boys and girls for a 20 miler (which on of them can plan!), with the trip back to Syston those wanting to do the metric century will easily bag it and those doing an imperial will have bagged 70-75 miles excluding riding to and from Syston.

First draft of the Syston to Market Harborough route 26 miles

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18378346

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I can do that, if we started somewhere like Syston we could do a nice 25ish mile route to Market Harborough, have a cafe stop and meet up with the Northampton boys and girls for a 20 miler (which on of them can plan!), with the trip back to Syston those wanting to do the metric century will easily bag it and those doing an imperial will have bagged 70-75 miles excluding riding to and from Syston.

First draft of the Syston to Market Harborough route 26 miles

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18378346
Yeah that's looks fine . Market Harborough as a destination then possible June ,Aug .
That's just the sort of thing I'm looking for

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Yeah that's looks fine . Market Harborough as a destination then possible June ,Aug .
That's just the sort of thing I'm looking for

I've had a look for Waterloo Farm, it looks like it is a couple of miles further south, but by the looks of it we can ride down the Brampton Valley Way to it. Maybe @PeteXXX can confirm I am right

The Bystander

Über Member

Market Harborough gets a yes from me.

I've had a look for Waterloo Farm, it looks like it is a couple of miles further south, but by the looks of it we can ride down the Brampton Valley Way to it.

Never visited myself but I'm pretty sure you're right about Waterloo Farm.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yep, the Waterloo is accessible from the Brampton Valley Way. From Mkt. Harborough, its before the tunnels so you won't need lights.
It's easy to miss the entrance though! If you get to the ford, you've gone 100 yards too far.

I'm up for meeting if my shifts allow it!
:okay:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Didn't get the first notification!

Beth's Kitchen is a yes from me, think I planned a possible route from Bosworth in that last thread: https://www.strava.com/routes/6486134

Dove Cottage at Harby would work for a Vale of Belvoir ride, plenty of nice routes up there and bomb down the ridge to get home. Went there with @Joobert a while back.

For Rutland Water, I'd suggest the Potting Shed Cafe near Langham in the Rutland Garden Centre. If not Wymondham Windmill Tea Rooms are nice but a bit further north.

Top Bottom