Thorpe Park Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Looking to make a trip down to thorpe park in May, has anybody been? Where did you stay? How did you get there? I'm travelling from Scotland and just wondered if 2 days was too much or not enough and what would be my best cheapest way of getting down?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
In my back garden near as dammit. Couple of Travelodges locally at Staines or Egham (will be open by then).
Big rides=big queues, so perhaps a couple of days or one of them queue jumper pass things. Not been for a few years mind...

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
In my back garden near as dammit. Couple of Travelodges locally at Staines or Egham (will be open by then).
Big rides=big queues, so perhaps a couple of days or one of them queue jumper pass things. Not been for a few years mind...

I'm assuming there is various buses etc that run to the park?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Never stayed as it's a very tall mans stones throw away, but 2 days does seem a bit much...however...Chessington is just around the corner from that, so if I were you, I'd do both. They have a zoo with an aquarium :biggrin: You wont be too far from Legoland either, so maybe 3 days?!?!!? :whistle:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Never stayed as it's a very tall mans stones throw away, but 2 days does seem a bit much...however...Chessington is just around the corner from that, so if I were you, I'd do both. They have a zoo with an aquarium :biggrin: You wont be too far from Legoland either, so maybe 3 days?!?!!? :whistle:

Even with the Q's would 2 days be too much?

drummerbod

Been there many times. Go out of season (ie not school hols) and queues are fine ranging from 10mins to max of 45mins. We can do every ride in one day with ease and the still leave early.

Samurai is my fave.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Been there many times. Go out of season (ie not school hols) and queues are fine ranging from 10mins to max of 45mins. We can do every ride in one day with ease and the still leave early.

Samurai is my fave.

Even at weekends?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Mm...really hard to say...I've been there on occasion and had to wait an hour a ride, but I've been there on other occasions and just flown through with barely any wait time, so it really depends on how busy it is on the day you visit. If you budget for an hour per ride and you can be precise enough about entry time, leaving time and lunch then that's your safest bet - the've probably got a site map online, so you should have a good idea of how many rides you'll need to fit in...

You can cycle there, I often go past it on rides. Ditto Chessington and Legoland.

If you are going, plan ahead. All three parks are owned by Merlin, so check out their annual pass as that might save you some money. Never just walk up to a park and pay the fee - that will cost you a fortune. At least prebook, and there are often two for one offers etc if you google for them.

screenman

Legendary Member
We often stay at the Mercure in Staines when down there, or the Warren lodge Shepperton, both quite nice and situated right on the Thames. Absolutely stacks of things to do in the area if you have some time on your hands.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's quite a long cycle from Cowdenbeath

Tesco / Nectar points can often be exchanged for theme park tickets

Top Bottom