Those boiling water taps - any experience/thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Our problem is that I reached 'maximum stuff' in the kitchen a while ago
My now wife had been at that level for many years
Then she moved in with me and sold her house - then we got married

so, as a result, we went from 'maximum stuff' to 'maximum stuff' x2 overnight

We did that too !

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
My SiL and Husband had a Quooker tap as part of the deal when there super- duper designer kitchen was installed. It worked fine for nearly 3 years. Then they turned it off while on holiday , it did not come back to life when they returned. Unfortunately repairs and parts are only available directly from Quooker . Call out charge £160 plus parts plus additional labour charges . Tea is now made with the help of there friend Ken Wood .

[EDIT] I have just spoken to my SiL , she has informed me of the sad news Ken Wood is no longer with them . Tea making duties are now carried out by Russell Hobbs .

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Our problem is that I reached 'maximum stuff' in the kitchen a while ago
My now wife had been at that level for many years
Then she moved in with me and sold her house - then we got married

so, as a result, we went from 'maximum stuff' to 'maximum stuff' x2 overnight
We have so/too much stuff since @Fab Foodie moved in. As he is the kitchen guru in the house I think we are going to need a removals truck just for all his cooking stuff.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My sister has one. When I have been staying at her house while looking after our Mum, at first it was a novelty, but with time it became surprisingly handy. - Say hot water needed for boiling vegetables. But I did question the cost over the time of an electric kettle.
Also tea, or at least Earl Grey, doesn't taste as pleasant as at home, where I use a kettle to boil the water.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
We have had one in our kitchen for almost 4 years now. No issues whatsoever, but I am in a soft water area. Our kitchen is pretty small with limited space on the countertops. The lack of kettle, plus built in microwave meant we could install a larger (and more useful) hob instead.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Also tea, or at least Earl Grey, doesn't taste as pleasant as at home, where I use a kettle to boil the water.

I think that might be due to hot water losing its dissolved air. Some coffee buff told me to always used freshly heated water. I think the tap-based gadgets like Quookers have a reservoir of near boiling water that can sit unused for long periods.

No, a waste of money when a £6.00 kettle will do the same job. Just stupid.
Yes but that is like saying you can use a Halfords road bike so why spend £5,000 on a carbon fibre Tdf replica
just not a valid argument on a cycling website:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

anyway - £6 kettles are rubbish - you are better off spending about twice that

lazybloke

Considering a new username
We have had one in our kitchen for almost 4 years now. No issues whatsoever, but I am in a soft water area. Our kitchen is pretty small with limited space on the countertops. The lack of kettle, plus built in microwave meant we could install a larger (and more useful) hob instead.
You could use your big hob for one of these, with no issues whatsoever
1638064429539.png

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Yes but that is like saying you can use a Halfords road bike so why spend £5,000 on a carbon fibre Tdf replica
just not a valid argument on a cycling website:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

anyway - £6 kettles are rubbish - you are better off spending about twice that
Well yes, I'm just making a point. Only a very gullible person/ someone with learning difficulties or dementia etc would spend over a grand for a tap which dispenses hot water! LOL.

Top Bottom