Those cycling annoyances...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
I hate all those junkyard fixies on FGG with hand-painted frames, forks with about 3 inches of rake and 2 different wheels. They look sh1t!

And playing cards in the spokes, what's that all about?

And people who ride with no lights. They're cheap so get some, you feckin' idiot!!

bobg

Über Member
betty swollocks said:
the ones which, for you, have disproportionate annoyance value.
Me:-
1) Seen old CTC codgers do this....makes me want to retch and don't get me started on rolled up 'yellow' capes on top of venerable old Carradice saddlebags!

I aspire to this :biggrin: along with a headscarf al la Mick Fleetwood

strofiwimple

Veteran
1.People who fly past me on a piece of junk.
2.People who fly past me on a climb.
3.people who fly past me on a descent.
4.People who fly past me on the flat.
Anyone notice a pattern here?

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
Mismatched rims, riser bars with bar ends, mountain bikes with aero bars, dual crown forks on anything but a down hill bike, Brooks saddles which need tensioning, dirty Bromptons, flourescent yellow anything, Raleigh, bottle dynamos, cotter-pins, snobbery.

:thumbsdown: I suspect this means you hate me on several grounds...

I have to say, the OP sounds a bit like bonj and his list of this that offend him...

I'm trying to think of things that annoy me, and I can only really come up with stuff like really rusty chains, and saddles way too low and people riding like muppets and stuff like that. In terms of clothing choices, bike colour, having matching kit and so on, I know what I like to do, but I'm not that arsed about other people.

walker

strofiwimple said:
1.People who fly past me on a piece of junk.
2.People who fly past me on a climb.
3.people who fly past me on a descent.
4.People who fly past me on the flat.
Anyone notice a pattern here?

Me thinks you need to learn how to go faster.

I have white socks, whats the problem? 3 pairs to be infact, and on my commuter I have odd bottle cage's, only ever used one so don't know why I got two and two odd ones at that

Landslide

Rare Migrant
mickle said:
Mismatched rims...

I have a pair of wheels.
They have matching 105 hubs.
They have black Open Pros (32h).
The rims have different stickers!!! Gah!!! :thumbsdown:

ChrisKH

Guru
Back to the socks because this is clearly an unresolved issue. If white socks are out and black socks are out and Rapha are out because of the cost involved (aren't they mostly black anyway? I'm sure they have a silky feel of expense to them, but they're still black) what colour/combination is in vogue? If not high ankle high, then is low ankle ok or does it have to be Chav no show cutaway stylee? I'm confused.

I wore black B'Twin low ankle socks this morning. Am I a complete loser? :thumbsdown:

Those who have expressed a dislike of white socks are going on my ignore list. White is the only colour for proper cyclists (unless they're proper MTBers, in which case black is acceptable).

Apart from the usual (pavement monkeys, RLJers, the unenlightened) I get annoyed by people grinding up hills in too high a gear. And people in full team replica kit make me twitchy. And BMXs anywhere other than on a track just depress me.

Heh, aerobars on an mtb? Check.
Non white socks? Check.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Arch said:
I have to say, the OP sounds a bit like bonj and his list of this that offend him...
Gasp! I've never said anything nasty to you Arch!:thumbsdown:

We all have irrational likes and dislikes: white socks on cyclists is one of mine, I'm laughing at myself, not them.
But, it had to be said, Mickle's hatred of bar ends on riser bars is spot on: those culprits need putting up against a wall.

There's a fellow in my town who has riser bars and then, rising vertically, bar ends on bar ends on bar ends with wing mirrors atop the lot looking over his shoulders. It looks kind of cool. He also has a habit of going round roundabouts several times.

Top Bottom