Those cycling annoyances...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
red_tom said:
Also swallowing insects at high speed, midges in the eyes and wasps targetting helmet vents.

Did you see Traffic Cops last night? there was a motorbiker who copped a pheasant through his visor at 60mph. Not pretty....;)::biggrin:

Milo

Guru
tend to see lots of pheasants that have become at one with the road down my way lately.

Night Train

Maker of Things
People who cycle at night, without lights, wearing black and going the wrong way along the road while weaving around chatting to their 'm8' on the pavement.

On a personal level, hard saddles.

Arch

Married to Night Train
oh, here's one. Teenagers cycling hand in hand. Or as I saw the other day, the girl walking along the footpath, and the lad cycling beside her at walking pace in the gutter, holding her hand. On a national speed limit bit of road...

Night Train

Maker of Things
And, speaking as a teacher, why don't kids cycle in? They all have mopeds instead and dump their helmets and leathers all over the place taking ages to settle down for class and then want to stop early so that they can get dressed up again!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Night Train said:
And, speaking as a teacher, why don't kids cycle in? They all have mopeds instead and dump their helmets and leathers all over the place taking ages to settle down for class and then want to stop early so that they can get dressed up again!

ah, so that's how you've garnered so many posts today! ;) i think there's a debate about the strike in soapbox, if you're brave.

Night Train

Maker of Things
alecstilleyedye said:
ah, so that's how you've garnered so many posts today! ;) i think there's a debate about the strike in soapbox, if you're brave.
Nah, I only teach part time, Monday and Friday. I have been in and out of my workshop most of the day working on some oak and I will be spending most of this evening preparing lessons for tomorrow.

simonali

Guru
I see quite a few people "walking" their dogs whilst riding a bike. On the path. Lazy bastids!

Milo

Guru
Yea i saw that the other day in one of the yokel villages near me.
bloody dog made a dash for my wheel as it was unleaded.
ALso when In another yokel village near me got chased by an unleaded terrier with no visible owner nearby bugger nipped my ankles twice until i kicked it.

longers

Legendary Member
Someone started a thread on ACF a while back about "arsewavers" being very annoying to them. ie setting off at the lights or slowing down, their buttocks cannot remain on the saddle.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
motorists who think it ok to risk my limbs or life in order to save themselves a second or two....

the ever increasing trend for incompatibility of components.

frames that aren't steel. they can't be cold set or welded into other things:evil:

vertical dropouts.

Top Bottom