Thoughts on my website if you can please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Im in process of designing a website. I've got no experience of it so just went to a free online web builder site and did it myself. It's just a work in progress thing right now , but it would help me to get some impressions from the gallery as it were. Any constructive critisim welcome, what you like, don't etc etc ? I want to get it as effective as i can before I 'go live' as it were.

Thanks for taking a look if you can.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Well, one thing I noticed is that it won't load in Firefox 10, which is what I normally use at work. I loaded the page in Internet Explorer and it displayed properly. A lot of people prefer Firefox to Internet Explorer, so perhaps you could find a way to make it Firefox compatible? You could also try loading it in various other browsers, to see how they handle it.

screenman

Legendary Member
That picture looks like The Dome hotel pool.

From what I can see it is selling it too me, let us know when it is closer to finished.

Are you taking them to Niaziz is for the meze.

Great place to go to and very nice people.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A few more comments:
- suggest you run the page's text through a spelling/grammar checker, as it contains a few errors.
- after I followed each link at the top index, it was shaded in blue, but I could no longer see the text.
- some of these links seemed to stop working after the first time I used them (but this may be my work proxy?).

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Looks good and works well with Safari. Noticed a few minor typos but easily corrected.

Looks comprehensive and I like the Terms and Conditions.... might be worth listing what you do provide alongside the exclusions list so that it isn't all seen as negatives.

You could ask a local graphics artist to find you a sharper font and help you design a simple, neat logo?
[Edit: As Sheddy said above] the yellow italic font doesn't stand out very well with the white surround, but that's easily changed too.

Good luck with your adventure, doing what you like will make you very happy- sounds idyllic Rolf!

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
struggling to read some of the titles and sub-title on the home page, and i appreciate, having designed various websites currently in use my self, that you want the home page to be colourful and enticing but at the same time you don't want it over crowded and with too much information and text
for example this is one a re-designed and built and am currently maintaining
http://www.madrona.co.uk
clear simple banners and titles, tells you important key information and you know what the site is about and that's it. yes i could now remove most of the writing on the home page such as the we are open pop in bla bla bla and Ylva's website is up bla bla bla and Ylva... is running various gardening courses bla bla bla and will probably do so shortly
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Thankyou all for these, those are exactly the sort of things I need to hear.

The site is currently just on a wix url, I still need to buy my own url etc. I have temporarily selected the hide from search engines option while I'm getting feedback and making changes etc. I don't know if that may be affecting things. I will investigate.

I can change the fonts etc and agree about the yellow being unclear. I may need to go out under the resort logo anyway so that would solve that hopefully.
Thanks for taking Time out to look :smile:

TVC

Blank page on my Samsung tablet. Chrome again.
OK it is loading on my tablet now, just very slow, so that could be a wix problem, not yours. I echo what others havr said about colours and fonts. The content and layout is great, and perfectly readable on my 7" tablet in both landscape and portrait.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

The url is currently just a wix url. I am waiting on some info from the resort before settling on a domain etc.

I checked it in firefox and it seems to load ok, and good to know its loading on the samsung. I'm wondering if the slow load may be because I have so many photographs on the site??

I have changed a few things this morning, the ride section I think needs more work. I have lots more rides so cant get them all on that page, I just wanted a taster really.

Keep them coming it's all very hepful Thanks :smile:

Top Bottom