Thoughts on my website if you can please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
yes I am working on it regularly...taking on board suggestions here and from peeps over here too. I havent heard anybody here having similar issues....but its a worry if its happening in th euk because thats my target market really. Im using google chrome, also internet explorer and all seems to load fine and quickly, even though internet speed here isnt superfast...i have 4 meg. ....I have also been checking the mobile version and it seems to work ok, although takes a while to load up on the first visit...but once its in my bookmarks its instant.

Ive been adding the key word 'cycing in cyprus' into the title tags for as many things in th esite as i can...also a few other key phrases. I have an seo app that analizes for any given key word...im guessing it all takes time. also i wont be th eonly one using that key phrase.

Im trying the google analytics thing..but struggling to get any sense out of it..(my fault...driver error) ..i will persist.

AndyRM

XOXO
SEO does take time, but Google indexes regularly so you should get picked up quickly.

However, the code that Wix has generated is an absolute disaster and doesn't really show Google anything meaningful which is why you're struggling. It wouldn't take long for someone who knew what they were doing to code that properly for you. A brief scan chucks up a couple of decent looking agencies: if you're clear and upfront with your requests they look more than capable of sorting you out.

If you want this to work out and make you money, it's worth getting the job done professionally.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Ok...I took a look...I think the suggestion is a good one. My concern with both of those is that they are based in southern Cyprus & I've seen enough anti Turk sentiment from the Greek side to know I'd rather use a UK.based outfit and avoid any silly anti turk/Greek sentiment on any.level.
I'll dig around.

:smile: :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Ive been adding the key word 'cycing in cyprus' into the title tags for as many things in the site as i can...also a few other key phrases. I have an seo app that analizes for any given key word...im guessing it all takes time. also i wont be the only one using that key phrase.

Whilst the page title tags are important, you really really really need content. People love pictures but they're no use to Google... meaningful text with keywords in it is what it's looking for.

This isn't a bad tool to get an idea of how the Search Engine Spiders see your website. The 'spidered content' is the text the search engines can see, and in your case, it's not much

AndyRM

XOXO
Cheers I will take a look :smile:

I should have added that what you've done so far is still impressive, but you're limited by Wix's output. A properly built website is far more attractive to Google, and will see you rise up the rankings. You don't need to spend piles on AdWords either, standards based code is the best way to get what you're after.

As an example, I got my sisters website onto the front page of Google without spending a penny. Good code and regular updates are the way to get your site noticed and stay there. If that's what you're after long term, it's worth the investment.

I sound like I bloody work for one of those agencies so I'll stop before I start to sound too ridiculous. Feel free to PM me, I dont charge.

Ah, I've just seen your latest message while I was rambling. You've got much more choice over here! Where in the UK are you based? Not that it really matters, but it's much easier to have face to face meetings, at the initial stages at least.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

seo report cycling holiday.jpg

Top Bottom