Thoughts on the KTM Force Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
I've been thinking about purchasing an E bike ,but a new decent one is a little bit out of my budget.
Looking down the route of second hand, I've spotted a KTM Force Hybrid for sale for £1200 Ono.
It's 4 year old, done around 1100 miles and looks in good condition and told it has a range of 50/60 miles which would be ideal for me.
Any views or opinions about this bike as I'm quite interested..

The older model has a good review

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUlg9NSNqw
and it has a good Bosch motor.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
KTM are as good as any as is the Bosch system.

It's a fairly standard MTB hardtail which you might want to put semi-slick tyres on if it still has knobblies.

Range, as always, is a piece of string question, but you may be able to wring 50 miles out of it provided you can manage on the lower eco or tour assistance settings.

Worth checking if it has a 400wh or 500wh battery, both are the same physical size but are capacity marked on the underside.

Obviously, the 500wh is more desirable, particularly as it gets older because capacity declines over time.

KTM are as good as any as is the Bosch system.

It's a fairly standard MTB hardtail which you might want to put semi-slick tyres on if it still has knobblies.

Range, as always, is a piece of string question, but you may be able to wring 50 miles out of it provided you can manage on the lower eco or tour assistance settings.

Worth checking if it has a 400wh or 500wh battery, both are the same physical size but are capacity marked on the underside.

Obviously, the 500wh is more desirable, particularly as it gets older because capacity declines over time.

AT a push on a warm summer day and on flat ground I could probably manage nearly 60 miles on my Raleigh with the Bosch system
and that is with the old 300Wh battery

as with everything range is VERY dependant on gradient, wind, temperature, surface, rider weight, rider technique and probably the colour you are wearing and what day it is!!!

Top Bottom