Thread slide....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Talking of knife crime, when are the stats for knife crimes / muggings / other violet stuff, coming out? I bet most crimes are down in 2020.
My sources tell me that most stuff is waaayyy down, although domestic assaults are up. In April out local force took 40,000 calls from people grassing up their neighbours for breaches of the "lockdown" that the police have no powers to enforce, so it's just as well crime is down because they're too busy fielding rubbish calls to investigate anything.

Indeed, according to Gossip Central (AKA Mrs D) a neighbour a few doors down has been grassed up and got a finger wagging from the Asthma Police and there's a bit "whodunnit" thing going on on Faecesbook to out the perp! Exciting times.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
I thought this was going to be a thread about slides.. 😔

View attachment 519070
Should I wear a helmet?

D

Deleted member 26715

Can anyone advise me on best brand of paper clips to buy?
Any that you can get your hands on, they are in very acute supply, I went into W.H.Smith's the other day & they had opened the pack & were sharing out he contents, I think the limit was 10 each, they were charging 20p which i think is pure extortion.

Edit:- That is 20p EACH not for 10

Drago

Legendary Member
Any that you can get your hands on, they are in very acute supply, I went into W.H.Smith's the other day & they had opened the pack & were sharing out he contents, I think the limit was 10 each, they were charging 20p which i think is pure extortion.

Edit:- That is 20p EACH not for 10
When I were a young teenager the ice cream man would break open a packet of embassy and sell them individually to use kids for 20p each. You just don't get that level of service these days.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

johnnyb47

Guru
I can imagine there's lots of forums at the moment short on the "at hand" topics of their existence.
Car forums must be one of them due to the lock down.
Cycling is still allowed here in the uk and some other countries and there's been a good stream of subjects of the matters of cycling.
All the other banter/woes and third party stuff we talk about just goes to show how friendly this place is. To me Cycle Chat is a great place to learn and understand all about cycling, but with its friendly members its also like talking to your virtual extended family about other things.
It's certainly kept me sane over the last few weeks having like minded cyclists to chat with 👍👍

D

Deleted member 26715

Car forums must be one of them due to the lock down.
The couple I still visit are rampant with posts, people having time to do the work they have been going to do for ages, I'm mainly on kitcar & speciality car forums, car shops are still open which is good as I went out in the Beetle the other day first time in the rain for a long time to be greeted with

Honest occifer they were fine the last time I checked them

Top Bottom