Three things you will almost certainly never do again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Excellent times. You'll be back, that endorphin hit is addictive 🏃‍♂️👍
I was a lot younger then, I had my best running moments Fell Running and Orienteering, I miss those days.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
1) DIY clutch replacement in a rear-wheel drive car.
Or put another way, never again will I find out exactly how heavy certain car parts are by putting the vehicle on axle stands out in the street, crawling underneath and unbolting the propshaft and gearbox just above my chest/neck/head.

2) And if I did ever get tempted again, this time I wouldn't leave the release bearing in place just to save £50, only for it fail less than 3 weeks later. Damn.

I used to be quite ambitious with my car maintenance. 30+ years later, bulbs and wiper blades are my limit!

I remember taking the gearbox off my 68 Cortina. I lay on my back and held up the bell housing with my knees as I slid the box off the splines after undoing the last bell housing bolt. Fine for a Cortina box, but, say a Landy box would be far too heavy to do safely. I think the recommending approach is to hold it with a trolley jack

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
1. Get a dog
2. Be a GP partner
3. Perform at Glastonbury

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Why not be a gp partner if your working there you might as well have a say how it's run and get paid more!
Understand if you don't want the stress!

Now working as a salaried UP at the place I was a partner for 8 years. Changed 3 months ago. Extra money not worth the hassle imho

Top Bottom