Three things you will almost certainly never do again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I can't think of much that I have done that I can be certain I won't do again, though some are unlikely.
1. Changing the engine in a car myself.
2. Moving house.
3. Getting married - had the same wife for over 40 years, we are unlikely to divorce, and I don't think I'd want another wife if she dies before me.

I like the third one - that's nice.

Same here.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Work for someone else
Climb Mont Ventoux
Eat liver

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I can't think of much that I have done that I can be certain I won't do again, though some are unlikely.
2. Moving house.
3. Getting married - had the same wife for over 40 years, we are unlikely to divorce, and I don't think I'd want another wife if she dies before me.

1) DIY clutch replacement in a rear-wheel drive car.
Or put another way, never again will I find out exactly how heavy certain car parts are by putting the vehicle on axle stands out in the street, crawling underneath and unbolting the propshaft and gearbox just above my chest/neck/head.

2) And if I did ever get tempted again, this time I wouldn't leave the release bearing in place just to save £50, only for it fail less than 3 weeks later. Damn.

I used to be quite ambitious with my car maintenance. 30+ years later, bulbs and wiper blades are my limit!

Gwylan

Veteran
When I was retired one morning 25 years ago I decided

I would not work with idiots
Watch daytime TV
Drink on my own before 6.00

The jury is out on marriage

Jameshow

Veteran
2. Moving house.

I'm defo finding a new wife... Maybe this weekend!🤣🤣🤣

Venod

Eh up
Run a 10k in under 37 minutes
Run a half marathon in under 1hour 22 minutes
Run.
Yesterday I pulled a calf muscle while running, and decided is probably time to hang up the running shoes, it's given me some terrific highs over the years.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Run any kind of distance. That includes just a few yards. My knees are shot. Can still cycle reasonable distances though.

Work for a salary. Retired 5 years ago.

Buy a brand new bike. I bought one as a retirement present to myself. I now have 8 bikes in total.

richardfm

Veteran
1) DIY clutch replacement in a rear-wheel drive car.
Or put another way, never again will I find out exactly how heavy certain car parts are by putting the vehicle on axle stands out in the street, crawling underneath and unbolting the propshaft and gearbox just above my chest/neck/head.

2) And if I did ever get tempted again, this time I wouldn't leave the release bearing in place just to save £50, only for it fail less than 3 weeks later. Damn.

I used to be quite ambitious with my car maintenance. 30+ years later, bulbs and wiper blades are my limit!

I changed the clutch in my Triumph Herald many years ago. I lifted the gearbox out while sat in the passenger seat.

Three things I'll never do again.
1, Lie on my back to weld a rusty Land Rover
2, Work full time
3, Have more children

Tenkaykev

Guru
Run a 10k in under 37 minutes
Run a half marathon in under 1hour 22 minutes
Run.
Yesterday I pulled a calf muscle while running, and decided is probably time to hang up the running shoes, it's given me some terrific highs over the years.

Excellent times. You'll be back, that endorphin hit is addictive 🏃‍♂️👍

Top Bottom