Three things you will almost certainly never do again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Be in my mid 50's
Work weekends or shifts
Ride a bike fitted with a steering wheel instead of handlebars.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I hope it proves more reliable than my Fabia.

It’s our 10th VW and all bar 1* have been faultless apart from the odd minor (fixed under warranty) issues.

*1998 Sharan Sport - absolute dog of a Friday afternoon car.

After 6 months of hassle, Guilders in Sheffield swapped it at zero cost for another one and threw a couple of grands worth of extras in too foc. Second one was faultless. Chalk & cheese.

I've had Skodas since I learned to drive. On number 3 right now - Fabia estate 1.4 petrol. A "ronseal" car, does what it says on the tin, but can be surprisingly sprightly when leant on

We bought a 2003 Fabia estate (1.4Mpi), I'd still rank it as the best small car I've driven (even better than the Polo, of that era)
Then I owned an Octavia (1.6Tdi) estate, from March 2012, to May 2021. that was great too
Now I have a Kodiak 2.0Tdi 4x4 (6-speed manual(:okay::okay:

We bought a 2003 Fabia estate (1.4Mpi), I'd still rank it as the best small car I've driven (even better than the Polo, of that era)
Then I owned an Octavia (1.6Tdi) estate, from March 2012, to May 2021. that was great too
Now I have a Kodiak 2.0Tdi 4x4 (6-speed manual(:okay::okay:

Mine's a year older - a few dings and dents now, but mechanically sound and only 56,000 on the clock.

Still really rate my old T-plate Felicia 1.6 GLXi - now that was quick, and a good motorway muncher. Sadly age and tinworm caught up with it, which was a shame, as it was very nice to drive.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Buy a car without a retractable roof.
Wear a baseball cap.
Drink lager (or any not room temperature beer).
🧐

Buy a car without a retractable roof.
Wear a baseball cap.
Drink lager (or any not room temperature beer).
🧐

1. Never had one, barring a 2A (Light-Weight) Land-Rover. many years ago, that we took the 'tin-top' off in summer
2. I wore one, on honeymoon in Canada/east coast of America, back in 1998. I got mistaken for an American (despite a very British symbol on it) so never wore it again!
3. Maybe that ought to have been my 3rd, as I've been teetotal since passing my driving test, in March 1983
**my 3 are now edited, to that effect**
Go paintballing.
Complete a list.
:laugh:
Paintballing hurts!
(I've not done it since about 1991/1992)

Top Bottom