Thunderbird 2 and Thunderbird 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Ok Virgil

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2665614, member: 1314"]My son had the uniform as well. We did baulk at buying him the entire Thunderbirds collection on DVD, though. The box-set was about £100. He still ended up with 7 or 8 of the episodes on video.[/quote]

I treated myself to the box set - was less that £20 if I recall correctly. Still stands up just as well as it did first time I saw it 40 odd years ago, but attitudes are of its time - eg casuallly sexist, but what stands out now is the clean cut Tracy boys drinking and smoking fags after a hard day's rescuing.

Lance Jack

Über Member
While talking about Thunderbirds I always felt sorry for John Tracey in Thunderbird 5. Was he the black sheep of the family and had been sent to a space station on his own just to answer emergency calls?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
While talking about Thunderbirds I always felt sorry for John Tracey in Thunderbird 5. Was he the black sheep of the family and had been sent to a space station on his own just to answer emergency calls?
I think I read somewhere that Gerry Anderson thought that John was not as good looking as the other brothers (I know I'm talking puppets) so he kept him in space and was only on screen for short periods.

Top Bottom