Thunderbird 2 and Thunderbird 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
that's so not fair Colin... your sister should have been permitted to watch TOTP in the comfort of her own home EVERY week.... if I was her I'd have put my foot down and said "You can watch Thunderbirds on DVD when you're a grown up!"

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
So much for Google then!
never mind.... there's plenty more awesome imaginary aircraft where that came from :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
http://www.fab1.co.nz/
TB5 is serviced by Thunderbird 3 and Alan Tracy provides relief for John once every month. Docking with TB3 is fully computerised and the station carries fuel and supplies for TB3. Accommodation for several people is provided for when it is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a few years ago on the Antiques Roadshow, there was a chap who came along with a Portfolio that he had found in his late father's house.

He then pulled out a coloured drawing of "Rescue 1" and explained that his father had been a designer with the Andersons

In the portfolio were developmental drawings and sketches showing the development of the Thunderbirds to their final form along with the Mole as well.

The presenter was gob-smacked. and unable to put any value on them.

One pencil drawing of Thunderbird 2 sold through Bonhams for over £5,000!

The chap then pulled out a second portfolio where his father had done the same for the James Bond Franchise... Scaramanga's Gun, and some of teh cars.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
that's so not fair Colin... your sister should have been permitted to watch TOTP in the comfort of her own home EVERY week.... if I was her I'd have put my foot down and said "You can watch Thunderbirds on DVD when you're a grown up!"
I'm sure that she would have done, but it was 30 years before they invented DVDs! :laugh:

The female interest in Thunderbirds was Tintin:

Screen+Shot+2011-07-23+at+18.32.43.png

.. and of course Lady Penelope

LadyPenelope.jpg

Stingray had Marina and Atlanta Shore

actor-72428-17484-lois_maxwell.jpg

But it was Marina that got the dedicated song!

07stingray.jpg

Allegedly Troy Tempest was modelled on James Garner and Marina on Brigitte Bardot!

classic33

Leg End Member
The female interest in Thunderbirds was Tintin:

Screen+Shot+2011-07-23+at+18.32.43.png

.. and of course Lady Penelope

LadyPenelope.jpg

Stingray had Marina and Atlanta Shore

actor-72428-17484-lois_maxwell.jpg

But it was Marina that got the dedicated song!

07stingray.jpg

Allegedly Troy Tempest was modelled on James Garner and Marina on Brigitte Bardot!

You forgot Grandma!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sad that today something like that would never get off the ground. An hour-long puppet adventure !

I had the Thunderbird two toy as a kid. I seem to remember it with T4, the Mole and a little jeep being able to go in it. Perhaps I am getting confused - our Cludo still has my action man's dagger and gun in it.

Top Bottom