Thunderbird 2 and Thunderbird 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 2665572, member: 259"]They were my faves. Thunderbird 1 was a one-trick pony, Thunderbird 3 was boring,
[/quote]
Hmm, if we compare the Thunderbirds to the Beatles, then the one trick pony is obv Macca, the most exciting (2) is Lennon, and 3 must therefore be George Harrison, who, like Thunderbird 3, was underrated, and deserves a better press, I reckon. Ringo was T4. Who we lost down the back of the sofa. Or in a puddle. But was actually quite interesting in retrospect.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Loved Fireball XL5. Loved Stingray. Loved Captain Scarlet, though I fear I overidentified with Captain Black. Loved Joe 90. Loved UFO. Thought Thunderbirds was a little bit rubbish to be honest.

I loved Thunderbirds (and still do )my son loved them, and had Tracey Island. We had just bought a surround sound system when he discovered them. Best titles ever with sound, and the subwoofer turned right up.
5.....4......3.......2......1......<MASSIVE ROCKET LAUNCH NOISE>

[QUOTE 2665776, member: 1314"]How do those backward wings on T2 work? Don't wings have to arrow backwards?[/quote]

The DeHavilland Sea Devil had them:

de_havilland_sea_devil_mk__i_by_bispro-d4bt5ol.jpg

So did teh Grumann X29:

X-29_in_Banked_Flight.jpg

Supposedly the design is less prone to stalling, but have less stability in turns

classic33

Leg End Member
Virgil Tracy
Born August 15th, 1999
A graduate of the Denver School of Advanced Technology, 27 year old Virgil possesses the mechanical aptitude to handle the complex machinery that his craft Thunderbird 2 carries.
The most serious of all the Tracy family, Virgil has no sense of fear and his iron nerve makes him one of the bravest pilots. As pilot of Thunderbird 2 he cannot afford to put people at risk by acts of carelessness.
Virgil is also a gifted artist and accomplised pianist.

http://www.fab1.co.nz/characters/characters.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yeah I know, I was just doing it for a laugh. He was and is a talented musician responsible for many of the songs that go through my head on a daily basis. It's occasionally seen as 'funny' to knock him at the expense of the other Beatles, apart from Ringo (who, I reckon, deserves a lot more recognition than he often gets).

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's occasionally seen as 'funny' to knock him at the expense of the other Beatles, apart from Ringo (who, I reckon, deserves a lot more recognition than he often gets).

Ringo should get more recognition but not as a drummer, his work as the Thomas the Tank Engine narrator was exemplary.

Btw Captain Scarlet was the best GA show.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was a big fan of early Gerry and Sylvia Anderson action puppet shows such as Fireball XL5 and Stingray. In 1965, I was making a papier-mâché head in a junior school art lesson when I spotted an article on one of the pieces of newspaper that I was using. It described a new TV show which would be coming to our screens soon - 'Thunderbirds'.

I was very excited about that news; so excited that I am still talking about it nearly half a century later!

When the show finally started, there was a problem ... It was shown on ITV at 7 o/c on Thursday evenings, which overlapped Top of the Pops on the BBC. My big sister was a teenager at the time and wanted to watch TotP; in those days, most households had zero or one TV set! There were arguments and tears until we arrived at a compromise. We watched our favourite shows at home on alternate weeks, and went round to our friends' houses on the others.

I loved the show!

The Thunderbirds film is on Channel 5 at 1:30 pm today, but it gets very poor ratings so I will not bother with it. I'll stick with my childhood memories ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom