Thursday Night Ride to the Coast April 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
TimO said:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but it looks like the trains from Southend Victoria are buggered, since there's a bus journey in the middle of the way back to London. Southend Central trains to Fenchurch Street look OK though.

of course one must remember that trains are for girls... ;):girl:

o and er....

I'm CHELSEA til I DIE I'm CHELSEA til I die, I know I am I'm sure I am I'm CHELSEA til I die !!!!!!!1

Radius

SHREDDER
ilovebikes said:
I'm CHELSEA til I DIE I'm CHELSEA til I die, I know I am I'm sure I am I'm CHELSEA til I die !!!!!!!1

YES!!! Branislav Ivanovic, legend.

ChrisKH

Guru
ilovebikes said:
of course one must remember that trains are for girls... :laugh::girl:

o and er....

I wouldn't say that too loudly tomorrow night. You will be passing through die hard West Ham territory, possibly alongside some West Ham fans. :biggrin:

( P.S. Born Plaistow, registered West Ham Central office of births and deaths 1963 ;))

For those who haven't used them before, C2C trains are air-conditioned (bliss in summer) and have two bike carriages per eight carriage set. Very civilised and not at all girly. :smile:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Metcheck is now, and not before time, falling in line with the cat's meteorological prognostications. No rain in the first half of the ride, and just a sprinkle in the second half.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Light batteries in charger, spare batteries queued to go in charger next. Really should have a look at the headset this afternoon, though

Someone remind me not to kill myself on this one, I have to pedal a workbike around town tomorrow night

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
coruskate said:
Light batteries in charger, spare batteries queued to go in charger next. Really should have a look at the headset this afternoon, though

Someone remind me not to kill myself on this one, I have to pedal a workbike around town tomorrow night

2 regular sets of batteries charged and 4 extra new sets in rack pack, we will not cycle in darkness!!!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Good luck to all of you, couldn't make this one but looking forward to breaking my FNR duck on the Brighton run next month. Well, apart from the Beacon....

mike e

How's the weather in London today? currently damp and cold with a brisk wind up here in Hull. Forecast would suggest a fairly dry night but rain in London by mid morning.

Geared bike with mudguards tonight as opposed to fixed no mudguards, looking forward to my first ride to Southedn, indeed it will be my first ever visit to Southend!

A very long pier and a mediocre football team capable of giving Chelsea a scare every now and then!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mike e said:
How's the weather in London today? currently damp and cold with a brisk wind up here in Hull. Forecast would suggest a fairly dry night but rain in London by mid morning.

Geared bike with mudguards tonight as opposed to fixed no mudguards, looking forward to my first ride to Southedn, indeed it will be my first ever visit to Southend!

A very long pier and a mediocre football team capable of giving Chelsea a scare every now and then!

weather tonight about 10deg C, quite a hefty southerly (cross, or against) wind, little if any rain.

Southend is spectacular. Aix-en-Provence pales by comparison. Why, the Radio Station alone is worth the trip!

TimO

Guru
Currently the weather in London is quite dull, but mild. Very occasional spotting, but barely worthy of being called rain.

I've charged my lights, and my spare lights. New batteries in the spare rear and spare spare rear. I also need to slightly tweak my headset, and I'll give the bike a check-over at the same time, plus pump the tyres up good and hard.

Also GPS charged, spare GPS battery charged, spare GPS on charge, camera battery charged, cell phone charged, cell phone headset charged... I've got too many damned rechargeable things!

All revved up and ready for things.

(Just remembered that I need to review the tool kit and first aid kit, but hopefully I've got most of the bits to go in those).

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
TimO said:
Currently the weather in London is quite dull, but mild. Very occasional spotting, but barely worthy of being called rain.

I've charged my lights, and my spare lights. New batteries in the spare rear and spare spare rear. I also need to slightly tweak my headset, and I'll give the bike a check-over at the same time, plus pump the tyres up good and hard.

Also GPS charged, spare GPS battery charged, spare GPS on charge, camera battery charged, cell phone charged, cell phone headset charged... I've got too many damned rechargeable things!

All revved up and ready for things.

(Just remembered that I need to review the tool kit and first aid kit, but hopefully I've got most of the bits to go in those).

ScoutsCycling1909.jpg

you just know he was in the Scouts....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
as we're going through Stratford I thought I'd go prepared...spot the extra bit of kit...

Armycycle1915.gif

TimO

Guru
dellzeqq said:
as we're going through Stratford I thought I'd go prepared...spot the extra bit of kit...

Shotgun?

...and for the record, I was never in the scouts. I'm just paranoid, and paranoids only have nice surprises!

Andrij

Über Member
dellzeqq said:

Armycycle1915.gif

Bah! Stratford ain't that bad.

Besides, you'd be much beter off with a snub nose .38.

Top Bottom