Thursday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's not "I've just ridden through the night and have drunk four coffees and three beers and really need to stay awake so that I don't miss my stop and end up in Aylesbury" then?

Aylesbury. There are much much worse places a half-cut, over-tired, caffeine-wired cyclist could end-up.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
You need to learn to hover?

Over the toilet? But Adrian is surely a man??

TimO

Guru
Having failed to notice the previous two rides, can I put my name down for this one please.

I do enjoy the Bognor rides, then again, I enjoy all the other regular routes as well!

Being loyal, some of us waited at the designated café whilst others threw their toys out of their prams and flounced off to poshery. It was a bit wet and cold I think, and that was just our breakfast beers...cheers Olaf - an ideal drinking companion.
Sunday London and archive from HTC 091 copy.jpg

thelawnet

My bike is probably too big and slow for this (or perhaps it's just me), I'd tend to average about 12mph over this sort of distance I reckon. But dunno.
I guess Havant would be the best place to ride to to get a train back to Woking (Waterloo line)?

My bike is probably too big and slow for this (or perhaps it's just me), I'd tend to average about 12mph over this sort of distance I reckon. But dunno.
I guess Havant would be the best place to ride to to get a train back to Woking (Waterloo line)?
Don't be silly - join in, it will be a lovely experience. Rail travel? I Havant a clue, but Stuaff, who pretends he lives in Soton might know the best way. You could even ride back with him I suppose. Adrian is head of Southern Area Rail services and will advise you on trains, but that will not be important as you'll only have a choice between a yellow one and a brown one.
But. Join in.:smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Don't be silly - join in, it will be a lovely experience. Rail travel? I Havant a clue, but Stuaff, who pretends he lives in Soton might know the best way. You could even ride back with him I suppose. Adrian is head of Southern Area Rail services and will advise you on trains, but that will not be important as you'll only have a choice between a yellow one and a brown one.
But. Join in.:smile:
Southampton? How very dare you!

Indeed, join in. Have no fear about being too slow, you're up to it. For the Haslemere-Guildford line, yes indeed, Havant would be the best option.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Simon, when you say that "the descent in to Arundel is nice" is that a deliberate understatement? Maybe it's just that I'm becoming a rheumy-eyed old codger but I swear I was only an inch or two from shedding a tear of joy as I rode down that avenue with the golden castle up to the right.

Top Bottom