Thursday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
that'll be a tear of relief, knowing that the hills are over.

As it goes I'm not stuck on the castle, but the gardens and river on the other side do it for me. My magic moment is on the ride in to Amberley

martint235

Dog on a bike
I really, really must notice the castle this time......

I really, really must notice the castle this time......
Wise words - from the man on a mission, who couldn't absorb the peace and love emanating from every pore of Stonehenge (which he hardly noticed)...the drums, the Morris dancers (only seen once before, in Nelson, when the local hoodies went marching across car bonnets) the outfits, the joy and happiness - the scent of advanced puffery...Andy was King Marmite the First, repelling maidens left, right and centre, I, of course, was intent on seeing the Morrismen and the CycleChat Arts Panel - a triumvrate of Davy, Luke and and Martin2m35cm were indulging in that Buddist mantra "I want me fookin' breakfast...let's go"
jq6hhi.jpg

Soak up the culture BigM - they didn't name it Arundellzeqq for nuffin' you know. :smile:

thom

____
I'm tentatively in for this please. May have to withdraw due to visitors but I'm hoping they can be left to their own devices for a bit.

I'm tentatively in for this please. May have to withdraw due to visitors but I'm hoping they can be left to their own devices for a bit.
We went through Devices during BigM's cultural tour last year...oh no, maybe that was the other place...take no notice of me.
Actually, will your friends have 'thenewiPad' - that's a device and a bit?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Last August's run was 68 miles, about 2,300 ft of climbing. The route for that one was slightly different, though- no off-road section. August 2010 was 69.3 miles, 2k of climbing.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
e-mails please, peeps!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
How many metres of ascent is this, anybody know, and how many miles in length?
it's not about the 'metres of ascent'. It's about making sure your bike is as light and smooth as it can be http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/p/its-most-definitely-about-bike.html , changing gear smoothly, trundling along with a regular cadence and keeping your heartbeat steady. The highest point of the ride is 540 feet above sea level at Banstead Heath, but we take four miles of pretty much steady incline to reach that height!

thom

____
We went through Devices during BigM's cultural tour last year...oh no, maybe that was the other place...take no notice of me.
Actually, will your friends have 'thenewiPad' - that's a device and a bit?
Teef, how long did it take for you to devise that pun ?

Top Bottom