Thursday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
About bloody time too.......

would have been this week but the 9th is Janes birthday...wouldn't be a wise move

U

User482

Anyone else having trouble getting cheap train tickets back on Good Friday?

U

User482

Yeah I looked and then decided I was probably better of just cycling back

I reckon I'm better off drinking an intemperate quantity of ale, then falling asleep on the train. Followed by getting lost between Victoria and Paddington...

martint235

Dog on a bike
I reckon I'm better off drinking an intemperate quantity of ale, then falling asleep on the train. Followed by getting lost between Victoria and Paddington...
Ah but is there actually a direct train to Victoria that day which won't involve you waking up, getting off the train, getting on a bus, waking up, getting off the bus, getting on a train.......

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
1756279 said:
If he were to someone would need to be allocated to carry it, or perhaps a team in relay, otherwise he would never get up any hills.

Am woeful, but MacB never went up hills anyway...

thelawnet

it's not about the 'metres of ascent'.

You've not seen my bike I take it....

dscf6092g.jpg

The child seat does come off.... (So do the panniers, come to think of it...)

68 miles/2300 feet is quite flat I think?

It's about making sure your bike is as light and smooth as it can be http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/p/its-most-definitely-about-bike.html , changing gear smoothly, trundling along with a regular cadence and keeping your heartbeat steady.

Light? Hmm.
Smooth. Maybe.

The highest point of the ride is 540 feet above sea level at Banstead Heath, but we take four miles of pretty much steady incline to reach that height!

That's somewhere near the start, isn't it.... Should be fairly fresh....

Top Bottom