Thursday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Whitsatble...ok, will check out the date and thanks for the tip...got the cleat peddles put back on and the seat put higher...this is not natural for me, but the peddling is so much lighter!

Get a saddlepack. Everything you need can go into jersey pockets and a saddle pack.
No need for a rucksack...I charge for carrying a second time :whistle::thumbsup:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
enough. Poor Rubina shouldn't have to put up with all this bad boy badinage. Recce to Southend pencilled in for Sunday 22nd. We'll see how things go from there.

Susie and I covered the southern portion of the route to Emsworth yesterday. It's lovely. Views that bring tears to your eyes. And the cafe has a license.

Rube

Get a saddlepack. Everything you need can go into jersey pockets and a saddle pack.
No need for a rucksack...I charge for carrying a second time :whistle::thumbsup:
No worries Ian...there is absolutely no way, i would ask dream of letting you carry anything for me a second time...I am still embarrassed about the first time! But, you know I had £200 in my rucksack, so you could have paid yourself! the money was for a cab (contingency, contingency!!)...I am planning to get up early and ride around the park, sculling, then swimming, for all the good work to be washed away at the Rowing club dinner dance...:blush:

Rube

enough. Poor Rubina shouldn't have to put up with all this bad boy badinage. Recce to Southend pencilled in for Sunday 22nd. We'll see how things go from there.

Susie and I covered the southern portion of the route to Emsworth yesterday. It's lovely. Views that bring tears to your eyes. And the cafe has a license.
But Simon, this is the morning after the St George's Day Charity Dinner Dance held by the Mayor in Richmond, I think alcohol is involved...I would absolutely love too, but would I be safe? I have only just got my cleats peddles on too...yikes...ok, tell me the plan in an email...perhaps, I should bring my other shoes (in a rucksack!!!) - but only a small rucksack carry only the other shoes??? To be continue off-line, as I can imagine much fun being poked at me on here!

wanda2010

Guru
Hi Rube. You and the cleats will be fine. You only need to remember to unclip way early and that's it. You still have time to practice unclipping frequently. Richmond Park is a great practice area ^_^

Rube

Hi Rube. You and the cleats will be fine. You only need to remember to unclip way early and that's it. You still have time to practice unclipping frequently. Richmond Park is a great practice area ^_^
Hi Wanda, how lovely to hear from you. Actually, I do not have a problem clicking and unclicking in time - I have a problem, getting off and on my seat with my cycle shorts (with the padding etc) getting caught on the saddle and I then feel unnerved, plus when I do step off, my foot slips with the plastic cleat underneath, then when/if I do manage to get back on the bike, I can't find the blasted cleat on my left foot - Richmond park is great, but the traffic getting up the hill, especially as lights are on a hill are a little unsettling - this all with cleats is really worrying. So, that is why I am setting off at the crack of dawn in tomorrow - then the only people I have to face are the crazy cyclists who are serious about showing off their talents...do loads of laps at a crazy speed (breaking the speed limit). Anyway, I have not been very well today, so early night and start again tomorrow! I will succeed. Joan is in Australia for a month, hence no support from her and my friends put rowing before cycling etc...so been a bit difficult. All's well as Simon's come to the rescue...hope to see you soon.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

Tears? It's not that bad I hope.....! :smile:
Hi Wanda, how lovely to hear from you. Actually, I do not have a problem clicking and unclicking in time - I have a problem, getting off and on my seat with my cycle shorts (with the padding etc) getting caught on the saddle and I then feel unnerved, plus when I do step off, my foot slips with the plastic cleat underneath, then when/if I do manage to get back on the bike, I can't find the blasted cleat on my left foot - Richmond park is great, but the traffic getting up the hill, especially as lights are on a hill are a little unsettling - this all with cleats is really worrying. So, that is why I am setting off at the crack of dawn in tomorrow - then the only people I have to face are the crazy cyclists who are serious about showing off their talents...do loads of laps at a crazy speed (breaking the speed limit). Anyway, I have not been very well today, so early night and start again tomorrow! I will succeed. Joan is in Australia for a month, hence no support from her and my friends put rowing before cycling etc...so been a bit difficult. All's well as Simon's come to the rescue...hope to see you soon.

Breaking the speed limit in Richmond Park? It's only 20 mph!!!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes, alright...I do break this too...I fell off thinking I was unclipped.
That happens to everyone. Anyone who tells you they haven't had a clipless moment has just forgotten to add the word "yet" to the end :thumbsup:

wanda2010

Guru
Hi Rube. Hope your morning session went well. You made me laugh re the shorts issue, as I've been known to have the same problem ^_^. Clipping-in is sometimes problematic, but I just take my time. No biggie.:smile:

TimO

Guru
... I have a problem, getting off and on my seat with my cycle shorts (with the padding etc) getting caught on the saddle ...
I've had this occasionally with baggy MTB style shorts (which I often wear for the pockets!), but shouldn't be as much of a problem with tighter lycra style shorts.

I guess the only solution is to get your leg over further. ^_^

Everyone has the occasional stumble or wobble, which can very occasionally end up with a slightly worse collision. Crinkly Lion won the award for this, managing to injure herself at the start of a FNRttC, whilst walking around ... :wacko::laugh:^_^

Rube

Hi Rube. Hope your morning session went well. You made me laugh re the shorts issue, as I've been known to have the same problem ^_^. Clipping-in is sometimes problematic, but I just take my time. No biggie.:smile:
Actually, morning session was just technical and good- no problems with shorts this time - but honestly, cycling kit is not attractive in the shorts area...was a late one after the rowing club dinner dance, and this is hard core partying.

Top Bottom