Thursday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rube

I've had this occasionally with baggy MTB style shorts (which I often wear for the pockets!), but shouldn't be as much of a problem with tighter lycra style shorts.

I guess the only solution is to get your leg over further. ^_^

Everyone has the occasional stumble or wobble, which can very occasionally end up with a slightly worse collision. Crinkly Lion won the award for this, managing to injure herself at the start of a FNRttC, whilst walking around ... :wacko::laugh:^_^
Yea, but my seat is not set as high as it should be - so, it will get worse sitting up onto it with my padded cycling pants when it's the right height! Oh well, I will get better I know and I am wobbly, especially starting uphill at a junctions...

Rube

I've had this occasionally with baggy MTB style shorts (which I often wear for the pockets!), but shouldn't be as much of a problem with tighter lycra style shorts.

I guess the only solution is to get your leg over further. ^_^

Everyone has the occasional stumble or wobble, which can very occasionally end up with a slightly worse collision. Crinkly Lion won the award for this, managing to injure herself at the start of a FNRttC, whilst walking around ... :wacko::laugh:^_^
Oh and I'll look into tighter shorts, although I though mine were quite tight - thanks

TimO

Guru
Oh and I'll look into tighter shorts, although I though mine were quite tight - thanks
I really meant tighter as compared to baggy shorts, which aren't really tight (and people tend to wear lycra shorts under them anyway).

To tight shorts probably isn't a good thing, aside from "tightness" not really being a traditional metric or easily quantifiable, and it could well make them uncomfortable, which would possibly be worse for a longer duration ride.

Rube

the Boat House was closed
Everyone who made plans to scull and row Sunday morning, did not turn up...(including me)...well we were dancing 'til 2am...the band was fabulous and then the Noise complaint people arrived...:evil:

Rube

Noise complaint people? Doubtless they came about the row...
doing their job in the face of orchestration.
Yea...kinda noisy I guess on the river front with a band playing 'til 2am...and the neighbours with river properties not taking too kindly to our party...you'd think they'd give us a break as rowing squads train 6 day week and no partying what so ever for eights months of the year!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yea...kinda noisy I guess on the river front with a band playing 'til 2am...and the neighbours with river properties not taking too kindly to our party...you'd think they'd give us a break as rowing squads train 6 day week and no partying what so ever for eights months of the year!

What about the rowers who are not in the eights? How many parties do they have?

Top Bottom