Tiagra brakes with mudguards. Will they fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Should do - it's more the frame clearance that can be the issue ! I've certainly used Ultegra callipers with SKS guards before !

If they don't Wiggle have a good returns policy. Just fit them carefully first.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
As Fossy says, the 'guards should be fine. I've fitted them to Mrs Landslide's 1.2WSD.

However, I've got a nasty feeling that the 1.2 comes with long-reach brake callipers (47-57mm reach), as opposed to the maximum 49mm reach that you'll get with the Tiagra callipers you've linked to.
When they turn up, check the reach, and if they don't reach the rim, send 'em back and plump for some long-reach callipers like the Shimano A550 or Tektro R538.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
from the brake hole (front) to the centre of the rim is about 50mm. Will wait and see then send them back if no good. Thanks for the help

MartinC

Über Member
Tiagra brakes should fit over a narrow guard with a 23mm (maybe 25 if you're lucky). I'd agree with the comment about the 50mm drop on the brakes on the 1.2. I tried a pair of 105 brakes on a 1.2 a little while back. The back on is fine but the front would've needed the slots filling to allow about another mm of drop to get the pads onto the rim.

Ben M

If they don't fit then, under the DSA, you have 7 days to tell Wiggle of your intention to return them, and they have to issue you with a refund on the product. All you need to pay is postage costs (and if they provided free postage to you, then all you need to pay is return postage).

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I only tried the front one and it is a few mm short. Am sending them back and have ordered some Tektro 538s instead. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom