tidy bike vs bolt on goody bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

textpest uk

if this were your bike would you spoil the look of it by bolting on speedos,lights ,bottle cages,ect
9um104.jpg

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Yes ;)

It's a mountain bike not a work of art. A tool. Ride it, crash it, get it covered in filth and wear it out. It's not about the bike, it's about the doing. If that means covering it in accessories then so be it.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Nope. I'd stick all that stuff on the hack bike.

If I needed lights (for fun offroading in the dark for example) I'd use some Dinottes or something similar that could be attached easily without needing a bracket.

Nice, did you get it from Cyclopedia?

Norm

gaz said:
It needs mud guards :smile:
It needs mud. :laugh:

TBH, if you want something to put on the mantle piece, get the tennis girl poster. If you bought a bike, set it up for however you want to ride it. If you will never ride it at night, don't bother with lights. If you never ride more than half a dozen miles, don't bother with bottle cages.

It's not a lifestyle statement, it's a bike. :blush:

GazK

Veteran
Norm said:
It needs mud. :laugh:

TBH, if you want something to put on the mantle piece, get the tennis girl poster. If you bought a bike, set it up for however you want to ride it. If you will never ride it at night, don't bother with lights. If you never ride more than half a dozen miles, don't bother with bottle cages.

It's not a lifestyle statement, it's a bike. :blush:

+1 on that. Or to put it another way: AOL!

dj_benson69

yoyo deano my friend i think u shud never weigh down a nice bike like that lol wen u baught it did it come with bolt ons ??? no so dont put anythin on it hahahahahaha
bensons in the house !!!!!!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Id sling anything that was neccessary for how you want to use the bike on it.

Camel backs are pretty good for mountain bikers anyway, I believe, since they let you drink while you ride without leaving loose of your bars, so you might not need watter bottles etc.

Top Bottom