Tifosi Frame - Setting Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Anyone got one? I have the Audax version. I seem to need an awful lot of spacers on my steerer tube to bring my bars up in relation to the saddle.

I set the saddle at the correct height (for me) above the Bottom Bracket by comparison with another bike. I then fit the spacers and stem/bars so that the bars are roughly the same distance below the saddle as on the other bike. Net result is that the bars are very much higher (2-3 inches) above the Ground/Front Spindle than on the other bike. I have about 40cm of spacers on the steerer and then the stem and it looks very unusual.

Am I missing something?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Anyone got one? I have the Audax version. I seem to need an awful lot of spacers on my steerer tube to bring my bars up in relation to the saddle.

I set the saddle at the correct height (for me) above the Bottom Bracket by comparison with another bike. I then fit the spacers and stem/bars so that the bars are roughly the same distance below the saddle as on the other bike. Net result is that the bars are very much higher (2-3 inches) above the Ground/Front Spindle than on the other bike. I have about 40cm of spacers on the steerer and then the stem and it looks very unusual.

Am I missing something?

Certainly would - 40cm? 15 3/4"?

- must be a shorter head tube than the other bike.

Proto

Legendary Member
Everyone of these I've seen has had them stem inverted to give higher bars. The style police would have you for doing that on a race bike, but it looks perfectly acceptable on an Audax/touring bike.

PS I think you mean 40mm !!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Comfort is king on an Audax, or any other sort of touring, bike, function reigns supreme over form, who cares what it looks like after 12 hours in the saddle so long as it works for you.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Proto said:
Everyone of these I've seen has had them stem inverted to give higher bars. The style police would have you for doing that on a race bike, but it looks perfectly acceptable on an Audax/touring bike.

PS I think you mean 40mm !!

youngoldbloke said:
Certainly would - 40cm? 15 3/4"?

- must be a shorter head tube than the other bike.

Yes I confused cm and mm. But it's actually 80mm + Stem.

Right oh - I'll use all the spacers I need.

Thanks all

Top Bottom