Time for action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have to admit the response isn't what I'd expected. A chance for one of the leading manufacturers to get in at the start & they effectively say NO.

Given the time of year & bearing in mind the recent move by Magnatom, I'm all for holding off for the time being & reminding everyone once the New Year has got going. How does anyone else feel on this?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Don't let my move hold up progress! :smile:

However, I agree, we should try and start this with vigor once again in January.

Of course my wife is due to give birth on the 15th.....:blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
Not saying that it should, just that your mind will have been elsewhere.

Others may have been distracted by the time of year.

By the way:
14th, 14:32. 8lb 7oz.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

classic33 said:
Not saying that it should, just that your mind will have been elsewhere.

Others may have been distracted by the time of year.

By the way:
14th, 14:32. 8lb 7oz.

;)

The book has started! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Just a suggestion....i noticed another thread which linked to a truckers forum....

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51781

Perhaps you could get some advice there?

"Driver" is the only occupation your allowed to enter.
Awaiting a response with regards whether a cyclist can register on the site to answer some of the points raised.

classic33 said:
"Driver" is the only occupation your allowed to enter.
Awaiting a response with regards whether a cyclist can register on the site to answer some of the points raised.

It looks like that is just to prevent people with free webmail accounts registering and spamming the board.

"If you are using a free e-mail address (Hotmail ,Gmail etc, ) please ensure you enter the word DRIVER in here. Not doing so may mean our spam filter deletes your registration"

I shouldn't worry about that and from what i read there half of them seem quite reasonable and keen for everyone to live. Im sure a polite introduction would see you welcomed.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
All the more tragic for this death having been doubly preventable: if the lorry hadn't been in the cycle box, and if the cyclists hadn't gone up the inside of a lorry indicating left.

Ben Lovejoy said:
All the more tragic for this death having been doubly preventable: if the lorry hadn't been in the cycle box, and if the cyclists hadn't gone up the inside of a lorry indicating left.

Ben
+1

Origamist

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
:smile: How could the driver do what he did and not get done for driving without due care?

For the ASL encroachment, the driver could have been in this situation:

If your vehicle has proceeded over the first white line at the time that the signal goes red, you MUST stop at the second white line, even if your vehicle is in the marked area.

In which case, it is acceptable to stop in the reservoir. However, we do not know if this was the case - he might have crept forward into the ASL when the light was red.

As for not seeing the cyclist - there is the tried and tested blindspot argument. However, I am still surprised that the driver was released without charge as if he had been diligently checking his nearside mirrors he would, at some stage, have seen both cyclists come alongside his vehicle.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ok folks - provisionally have a meeting with Charlie from LCC next week - any specifics that you want me to take to him?

classic33

Leg End Member
Response from one manufacturer

Thank you for your mail and for explaining in more detail how you would be looking to Iveco for help in this matter. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a vehicle in this instance.

Could we suggest that, as mentioned in our email below, you contact ROSPA or BRAKE and seek their assistance?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Iveco Customer Center

ContactUs Service

classic33

Leg End Member
Magnatom
Reason for not putting on here what I sent to you. I don't want the company involved to feel that they are under unfair pressure.
Also the fact that Iv'e asked if personal details can be passed on.

Whatever the outcome, I'll let everyone that has been involved on here, know.
But at present we have a national company that may be willing to help in the making of this video. With that bit in mind, can I ask how those who have taken part how they feel about the companies drivers explaining their point of view on the video.

From the outset it has been the intention to try & educate all sides to try & reduce the numbers.

Top Bottom