Time for action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Right folks, it looks like we are almost there. Thanks to a donation from Davyo :rolleyes:, we are now at £125 in the coffers!

So we are nearly there, which means we might actually have to do this!

I'll be PMing volunteers soon to try and get the show on the road! :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Ooops, sorry guys 'n' gals.. I did say I'd be happy to donate to the cost and then promptly forgot all about this thread :smile::blush:

I don't remember it popping back in the list under the 'new posts' link though, yet it seems to have more in it than last time - very strange!

Mags, I shall get my organised head on and sort out sending some dosh via PayPal (IIRC that's how you want it).

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cab,

I think hire was about £145 or so.

Thanks Sharky, I know how easy it is to plan to do something later and then forget. I do it all the time!

Paypal is great, just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a request.

Dave

classic33

Leg End Member
£15 will take it to £160.
Will be on the way to tomorrow. Stop on the account at present due to non-receipt of card replacement.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Thanks classic. Have I already e-mailed you? I can't remember.

Today I have just received a cheque for a further £14 towards the total. I think the payee wishes to remain anonymous. Many thanks!

So that takes the totaliser to £139.

Do we need to start another thread somewhere to alert those elsewhere that we have some funds to do this and if we can everyone together, then it is a goer. Or should we PM those who previously suggested they would help?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Both might help as can get more interested parties that way-- jeez Mag - I thought you'd done a runner with the funds and brought yourself a new Ribble....;)

I'm still happy to drive the truck ... just give me plenty of notice.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

ttcycle said:
Both might help as can get more interested parties that way-- jeez Mag - I thought you'd done a runner with the funds and brought yourself a new Ribble....:blush:

I'm far too honest to use it towards a bike!...... Although, I could do with some new lights...:tongue:

I see you have started looking for Jake. Good stuff!

Thanks RT. I think to get everyone we will have to organise in advance anyway.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

We are now at £154. :wacko:

Many thanks to Classic33 for the donation. It seems we now have enough for HGV hire. We have a driver, we just need someone to film it. Lets hop Jake turns up. If not we will have to look for other help.

I might be able to get someone to film it, unfortunately it would have to be in Glasgow though. An option, but probably a fall back.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I could ask my two filmmakers again - though they both said yes and then flaked out..worth a chase if Jake has dropped off the online earth for good

otherwise there is always sunny glasgow...we could all have the 'magnatour' on our bikes of mag's daily commute that I'm sure many of us have seen on here!
oooh that was the bit where that bloke cycled on the pavement...that was the bit where the silver golf left hooked me...you get the gist...!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
No response from Jake - that's unfortunate - I hope he's ok.

Does anyone know any filmcrew...sheesh this is like starting from scratch again - I'll ask some bods I know.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Had an informal contact with Trek Bikes.. he was wanting some feedback about what we want to do with the vid and the other parts of the campaign as he'd like to help out behind the scenes and might be able to put us in touch with the right people.
So what feedback...?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

ttcycle said:
Had an informal contact with Trek Bikes.. he was wanting some feedback about what we want to do with the vid and the other parts of the campaign as he'd like to help out behind the scenes and might be able to put us in touch with the right people.
So what feedback...?

Right. You've suggested via PM we need to refocus our efforts on this one.

Watch this space folks.:smile:

P.S. I still have the money!

Top Bottom