Time for action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Ben Lovejoy said:
It's been done professionally twice, once by RoSPA and again by the Met Police. Unfortunately both videos are very long and tedious and unlikely to gain much of an audience.
Is it worth approaching them with our more succinct idea to see what they think? (along with details of how it will be distributed, who the target audience are etc.)

classic33

Leg End Member
magnatom said:
So should I look into setting up a pay pal payment link for this? If so I could probably set it up within a day or so.

Before we do, we should decide what to do if enough money isn't raised, or if we end up with extra.

No longer use paypal. Will cheque suffice & you make an equal paypal payment on my behalf?

If extra is raised or not enough raised there are other ideas that have been raised in this thread where that extra can be spent.

I'm for setting up an account seperate from any of your own, for your own protection. Possibly from outside of here(CC).

CotterPin

ttcycle said:
If we end up with extra there is always the chance that we can use it for other things such as flyer and stickers etc if it was what seemed like the best plan.

I would certainly agree that if we cannot get the video off the ground immediately we should produce the flyers and stickers, and maybe work out how we can distribute them on the ground. This is something I am happy to help with.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ok then.

I have had a look at my paypal account. I can request money from anyone if I have your e-mail address.

You give me your e-mail address, I send an e-mail via pay-pal asking for £10. You use the link to pay the money into my pay pal account.... and I run off to the Bahamas! (I won't honest!)

Anyway, that is how it appears to work. So are we wanting to do this? Do we have a location, a film crew, some actors, and some props?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I can't see any problems with linking up with them - saves any needless repitition and always good to have more people on board to pool resources - didn't make the meeting as had no idea it was happening! Maybe another meeting :rolleyes: with them once we've got hopefully enough funds for a HGV- would be good to get everyone together as well to fully decide what people want done in terms of the campaign as that's still a bit grey and undecided.

Magnatom you should have a pm from me as well.

Suppose there's a need to be speedy with this xx(

AnotherEye

CotterPin said:
Ditto

PS - looks like there has been action on the London Fixed Gear Forum (http://www.londonfgss.com/thread29719-6.html). Did anyone hear get to attend the meeting on Tuesday night in London? Should - and how can - we work with these guys?

I was there, it was a good meeting. We split up into a number of different working groups. I wasn't in the media group but I have linked them to this thread.

There will be a website soon(?).

BTW; count me in for £10

Gerry

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I've been away at an all day meeting today so have only just got in the internet! I'll sort out the payments tomorrow.:evil:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Guys,

I've sent the first lot of paypal requests. We'll see how this works. If no-one objects I'll list the names of those who pay the £10 and I'll let you know how much we have collected as it comes in.

AnotherEye,

Hi! A website will be set up. At the moment the priority is the video (the hardest to organise) but we will get onto the web site soon...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Guys,

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far! The total at the moment is £65 (this includes £10 from me, which I haven't put into my paypal account, but why pay myself to take it back out and get charged for it!!)

As no-one has objected, I'll list who I have had monies from. If anyone doesn't want to be listed, just let me know and I will put you in as an anon.

ttcycle
classic33
speicher
dmoan
cotterpin
magnatom

...have all contributed. Thanks guys. We are well on the way.:birthday:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nice one everyone!

Would it be appropriate to ask Admin/Shaun if we could have an announcement for this to try and drum up more funds?

Top Bottom