Time for action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sheddy said:
No use in August, but would Brum Uni have a Student Film Unit ?

When I was there the student union was called the Guild and they had a TV studio called Guild TV. I spent many happy hours behind a camera at concerts or filming sports. Probably the reason I flunked the first year.

Hmmmm ... I've handed in my notice this morning, so I think my chances of borrowing a truck have diminiished dramatically! However, I'm happy to chip in for hire of an HGV, and to drive it (in London) should that be necessary.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I hope this hasn't reached a stalemate?!

I haven't had any feedback from people I tried to drum re HGV - anyone know how much it is and whether it's possible to hire an artic? No idea on this one.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
hmmm I'm bit snowed under at present but will look into options as it's ready to go apart from this. Any contributions/ideas would be fantastic from others.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
RT/User3143 - are either of you guys ok to drive a HGV down in London as if we hire the right kind of vehicle we'll need someone with the right license?

Who can contribute £10 to hiring a HGV- more the merrier? ;):biggrin:

Jake - you still got a film crew?

Once we're confirmed that we are hiring (classic33 the links were great), the other parts ie road closures etc can be sorted out and chased up.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
ttcycle said:
Who can contribute £10 to hiring a HGV- more the merrier? :biggrin::biggrin:
Yep.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Update:

Feedback from friend - Police don't deal with road closures in square mile - it's through corporation of London - Ben you mentioned some time ago that you knew a location to film that would be perfect- do you know which Borough within the city limits it falls within? Waiting on this friend to find out a contact for me -the personal approach is better than a generic - to whom it may concern jobby.

classic33

Leg End Member
ttcycle said:
RT/User3143 - are either of you guys ok to drive a HGV down in London as if we hire the right kind of vehicle we'll need someone with the right license?

Who can contribute £10 to hiring a HGV- more the merrier? :ohmy::biggrin:

Jake - you still got a film crew?

Once we're confirmed that we are hiring (classic33 the links were great), the other parts ie road closures etc can be sorted out and chased up.

Count me in. Given the effort some have put into this, its nowt.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
ttcycle said:
Ben you mentioned some time ago that you knew a location to film that would be perfect- do you know which Borough within the city limits it falls within?
It's EC2 - not sure of the Borough. Will be passing close-ish by on Sunday, so will try to check (and grab a snapshot) if I get time for a detour.

Origamist

Legendary Member
That's funny, I was thinking of a similar stencil in connection with the superhighways revamp. They could be deployed (ideally) in the part of the ASL that would be in a HGV's frontal blindspot.

The problem is encroachment though - the Danes adhere to signage and road markings, here most people don't give a toss because of the authorities' laissez-faire approach to enforcement.

Top Bottom