Time to find a new club ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
due to mrs ck having chemo etc we had to have ivf and started late so mini ck 2 is not 18 till im 62 , the shift pattern at work means im up at 3.45 am or getting home after 1 am the next week on top of a job that tbh is killing me ,

I'm 59 my daughter is 15. Discussion yesterday she might be doing something on a Sunday that means I will be missing some Sunday rides. I have been lucky to semi retire so have more options and more time now. Never liked getting up early at the weekend. We had swimming on Saturday for years so I used to go out on my own later after that usually mid to late afternoon and then do 5 hours lucky I never minded riding in the dark. Hope things work out for you it gets easier eventually.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Takes the biscuit , the one weekend i couldnt ride a club ride due to mrs ck working the club founder and another who used to ride with me decide to ride on a sunday
Paranoia setting in now :sad:

Why not ride Saturday when they have loads of riders out?
Its some years since I was in the ERC but they had 5 or 6 time groups on a Saturday for the fixed training rides and often they had to split them up because of high numbers (there could be 100s overall), similar on a Tuesday night training rides in summer but on a Sunday you'd get less than a dozen. Other clubs I have been in have been similar fixed Saturday rides are more popular 👍

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Update
Not had a club ride in at least 4 weeks in fact more like 6 as its died a death completely as 2 of the riders i could count on to at least make a duo have switched the saturdays which now can have 2 groups of 6-8 .
Raised it again with the club founder and got the usual response , bloomin fed up and told him i will not be renewing my membership next year at this rate .Considering how much time and effort i have invested getting the club off the ground planning and leading rides over the last few years i feel abandoned

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Bit of an update
planned a ride sunday even though no one has asked for a sunday ride i posted on the club facefluff page just in case anyone wanted to join and was told to remove it as it didnt start at the "official time " ,

Pretty much sealed their fate as far as im concerned they can do one

cheys03

Veteran
That’s not in the spirit of things at all, what motivates someone respond in that way..? I wouldn’t want anything to do with the club either after toxicity like that.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Pedantic or what? I'd leave them to it totally. I've never liked being in groups as I like my own way all the time. I like to do the route I want, stop where I want and ride at the speed I want as well.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Pedantic or what? I'd leave them to it totally. I've never liked being in groups as I like my own way all the time. I like to do the route I want, stop where I want and ride at the speed I want as well.
i like group rides and enjoyed planning routes and finding cake stops .I dont socially interact with any other people so it was the one thing i looked forward too in a week given the many issues with mrs ck and mini ck 1 health and mental problems .

Kingfisher101

Über Member
i like group rides and enjoyed planning routes and finding cake stops .I dont socially interact with any other people so it was the one thing i looked forward too in a week given the many issues with mrs ck and mini ck 1 health and mental problems .
Well I hope you find a more accommodating group in future.People obviously haven't behaved very nicely here.

Top Bottom