Time to find a new club ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@rogerzilla - there's no cycling club in my town. I'm between about four - which gives a choice but also a limitation since they're all at least 6 miles from me.

Knowing where the op lives there's a few around there that may be possibles but need a bit of travel to get there.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@rogerzilla - there's no cycling club in my town. I'm between about four - which gives a choice but also a limitation since they're all at least 6 miles from me.

Knowing where the op lives there's a few around there that may be possibles but need a bit of travel to get there.
That's quite usual amongst members of my club, many of us would travel 5-10 miles to the meet point, some drive, some ride. Myself I ride 6.2 miles there and just see it as extra mileage. When the ride is heading in my direction I might join enroute and also would drop off early if near my house. When leading I have been known to route the return past my road! :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Bit of an update
planned a ride sunday even though no one has asked for a sunday ride i posted on the club facefluff page just in case anyone wanted to join and was told to remove it as it didnt start at the "official time " ,

Pretty much sealed their fate as far as im concerned they can do one
That's definitely out of order if your ride did not clash with an official club event I can't blame you for being upset. The rule in my club, and yes clubs do have to have some rules, is all official club rides should start from the standard meet point at the designated times of 8.00/8.30/9.00 at weekends and 18.15 hours Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Outside of this members can organise private rides as and when they wish though we strongly advise/request private rides do not clash with official rides. Members are very good about observing this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's definitely out of order if your ride did not clash with an official club event I can't blame you for being upset. The rule in my club, and yes clubs do have to have some rules, is all official club rides should start from the standard meet point at the designated times of 8.00/8.30/9.00 at weekends and 18.15 hours Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Outside of this members can organise private rides as and when they wish though we strongly advise/request private rides do not clash with official rides. Members are very good about observing this.

well another kick in the teeth , last week i was asked at short notice to lead the sat ride due to covid/ easter they were short of leaders and luckily i was free so i hastily sorted a route out , " have you got another route they dont want that one ",Bear in mind im still struggling with longer rides due to rehab.
After being asked to not post on facefluff non official rides i post on the club whats app im planing to go out sunday after being told i can then to be told i cant do that either .
Thats it , they can fark right off i have done with it now , even the chap i knew since he started club riding whom i have helped getting him fit , group riding , fixing his bikes etc etc has blanked me

cheys03

Veteran
Get gone. Closed minds and the self-defeating control freaks are not worthy of your efforts or further thought. Amazing level of expected take but no give or reasonable flexibility in return. Something very wrong.

Top Bottom