Time to move on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgarl10024

Über Member
...No one person or reason, just a few small things that over time meant I wasn't enjoying it here as I had done. ... I just don't enjoy this place the same way I used to. ...
... its not too "friendly" on here....
...I do kinda know how you feel - for the most part I have some sympathy. ...

I have to admit that I found these comments a little thought provoking. Sure - some people are quite terse with their language, some people have very strong and unmoving opinions, and some threads do seem to get a bit personal, however I must admit to being very impressed with CycleChat as a very friendly place. I'm not been a cyclist for long, but over the last year, I've asked all sorts of newbie questions from "how do I see with glasses in the rain?" to questions on chains, tyres, maintenance, salt on the roads, clothing, road positioning... and each time I've had responses from keen, enthusiastic people who were willing to give up their time to share their knowledge with a person they didn't know.
As an example, after a break from the bike because of a virus, I was finding the cycling tough and was looking for a bit of encouragement/support, and look at the responses I got: http://www.cyclechat...ck-on-the-bike/. :blush:
Keep it up, I say! :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1258

I have to admit that I found these comments a little thought provoking. Sure - some people are quite terse with their language, some people have very strong and unmoving opinions, and some threads do seem to get a bit personal, however I must admit to being very impressed with CycleChat as a very friendly place. I'm not been a cyclist for long, but over the last year, I've asked all sorts of newbie questions from "how do I see with glasses in the rain?" to questions on chains, tyres, maintenance, salt on the roads, clothing, road positioning... and each time I've had responses from keen, enthusiastic people who were willing to give up their time to share their knowledge with a person they didn't know.
As an example, after a break from the bike because of a virus, I was finding the cycling tough and was looking for a bit of encouragement/support, and look at the responses I got: http://www.cyclechat...ck-on-the-bike/. :blush:
Keep it up, I say! :thumbsup:

Tis true, this place can be amazing, even someone like me, been cycling for over forty years, can sometimes learn something new, be brought up to date with the latest tech or get a different view on something.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Good luck mags !!

I have had a very similar thing happen to me over the last month as well.

Over the last couple of years i had been on short time at work so we have had to sell our house and downsize along with many economies that meant the only relaxation i got was to play a mmog.I had friends i had made over years of gaming that had lead to real life friendships with meetings, shared holidays etc etc.
The only problem was i spent to much time on it and that meant i did not spend enough time with my family to share in real family life , planning home life around when my gaming buddies would be on.

Things came to a head about 3 weeks ago when the wife said she was planning to leave with my son as well stating that we had grown apart over time and she could not cope with my moods.
Apart from the fact i have tried to keep things together and a roof over our heads these last few years without ever asking for help and not being allowed to show my feelings meant nothing to her .........

I have given up my gaming so i can spend more time with the family,watching crap tv and doing more around the house.It turns out i am happier as it feels like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders as i do not have to keep up with the cyber Jonses and can get back to enjoying what i really enjoy whcih is being a father , husband and my own little corner of happiness which is cycling and fighting the middle age spread :blush:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
All the best with trying to fit everything into your days!

On a selfish note - DO turn up for the odd CC Ecosse ride if you can find a spare few hours ...
nothing wrong with popping in here on CC every so often by the way :thumbsup: if you happen to find a friendly thread outside of Commuting...

I'll miss the cheery (or should that be cheeky :tongue: ) banter on & off-line ... and the odd wee bit of Mag-baiting :whistle:

T x

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
One word Mags "LEGEND"
I've even heard your name mentioned by non cycling peoples! [sup]Normally to firighten the children of petrol heads into doingas they are told :biggrin: [/sup]

PBancroft

Poodle flip, Mags.

wave.gif

Gandalf

Veteran
I don't make many postings but I have been a long time lurker for ages. I'd just like to thank you for everthing you have done, not just on CC but for the wider cycling community.

All the best for the future.....just try to stay off the helium :smile:

boydj

Legendary Member
Good luck, Dave. You'll be missed.

Hope we'll still be able to use you as a windbreak at Kinross.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom