Time Travel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Inspire a recent comment by @Mad Doug Biker ...

If you had a time machine and a single 20p piece to make one journey, where would you go in time and what would you do or see? And no going back and shooting Hitler or getting next weeks lottery numbers, that's too obvious.

I think I'd go back to watch the North Sea floods of 1953.

As per the brief, I'd probably go back to 1960 and ride the first day, or days, of the 'Glasgow Bluetrains' (class 303) partly just to see it all, partly to take notes and find out little details that have been lost in time that would be handy to us at Summerlee with our restoration now!

Either that or go back to 1967 and do it for the later batch (Class 311, which we actually have). Also perhaps cadge a pot of genuine 'Caledonian Blue', which the '303s' carried originally.

Actually, there are so many points in their history I'd go back to ☺️

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Inspire a recent comment by @Mad Doug Biker ...

If you had a time machine and a single 20p piece to make one journey, where would you go in time and what would you do or see? And no going back and shooting Hitler or getting next weeks lottery numbers, that's too obvious.

I think I'd go back to watch the North Sea floods of 1953.
This one trip, it'll be a one-way trip I presume, only through time so no location change.

In which case it'd be back to 25th April, 1510.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Don’t think he visited the UK

The legend claims Jesus visited several places in the West Country, such as the Roseland peninsula and Glastonbury, with his uncle, Joseph of Arimathaea. In the film, Scottish researcher Dr Gordon Strachan said it is plausible Jesus may have visited Britain to further his learning.

Alex321

Veteran
I'd like to go back to when Isaac Newton invented gravity, to see if the apple really did fall on his head.

Isaac Newton went to the same grammar school I did. The building that was the whole of the school in his day was the library when I was there.

mustang1

Legendary Member
It's interesting everyone so far wants to go back in time except for on person who said 5000 years ahead. If I was younger, into would like to some time into the future but now being older, I have a slight preference to go back in time.

Not sure where I would go, there are so many. Relive my childhood, 5000 years to see the Egyptians, several million to see the pre-historic stuff. Idk, too difficult. Mind boggles.

I think the Babylonian era.

Top Bottom