Time Travel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I'd go back one minute before, keep the 20p and not bother :whistle:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Pompeii 1972. Not for anything geological related to the volcano but I'd hang around with the film crew recording Pink Floyd doing some numbers like Echoes. As its a one way trip, reliving the 70's would be nostalgic plus about 1975, I'd write a sci-fi screenplay called Star Wars and get all the characters copyrighted to me . Retirement sorted:okay:. In the 90's I'd start Twitter & Facebook too, just to annoy their current CEO's.

tom73

Guru
I'd like to go back to when Isaac Newton invented gravity, to see if the apple really did fall on his head.

Robert Hooke would be way more interesting being able to see just what he really looked like. But also to see his truly ground breaking work on optics , geology , Palaeontology even gravity. Newton hated anyone who was seen as a rival and happily discredit and destroy them . Once president of the Royal Society he not only made sure the only portrait of Hooke went missing but also his papers.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Robert Hooke would be way more interesting being able to see just what he really looked like.

Surely already well known?

1681304012284.png

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Perhaps satisfy my curiosity with a trip to Roanoke island in the 1580's and see what happened to the lost colony.

https://www.history.com/news/what-happened-to-the-lost-colony-of-roanoke

Wouldn't you be lost with them though? :scratch:

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'd go back to 1959 and stop my brother going in the open air paddling pool in Dartford park - believed to be the source of his polio contraction. :sad:
Same with me trying to prevent my brain damage in October '83.

But then, once done... How would you know why you were there any more? Your history would have been changed, so these things would never have happened. :scratch:
I'd prevent the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914 , if you're going to make a change then make it a big one.
The band weren't THAT bad to be fair, so assassinating them at 7.14 in the evening one day during a European/Balkan Tour does seem a little bit harsh... The resulting war equally so! :laugh:
I doubt very much if there will be anyone around then if our current way of life continues.
Yes and how do you predict when to go? You will not know what you are getting until you arrive... I mean, we might be back to living like we are in the dark ages and you'd be burned at the stake for being a witch, just because of your clothes or something!
I'd go back to the end of the ice age and find out just what the Neanderthal's really were like.
Like White Van Man? 😆

Yes, I concede they were meant to be more civilized than we give them credit for.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If you were to go back and change things, you'd need to write down or record what you had changed so that you'd know when you came back, if indeed you remembered you had gone back in time anyway to then come back in the first place, but even then, you wouldn't remember, so what you had written or recorded would just seem like a story to you and not be real, if indeed it then still existed or you knew where to look for it when you came back. You'd need to devise some sort of system to get around this.

Oh and if you didn't remember this event that now never happened, why would you know to go back and change it in the first place, ergo, you'd never change it (unless by chance), so your history would remain the same as it was before! :crazy: :scratch:

This time travel lark is hard if you change things.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And if you fell for someone or had that romance you were meant to have, that could cause a whole manner of problems if they then never meet who they were meant to in this timeline, especially if kids are involved.

You'd need to perform a controlled break up so that you don't potentially cause 'The Grandfather Paradox' on someone else.

Top Bottom