Time Trial on BBC iPlayer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
All about David Millar's attempt at a final Tour de France and focuses on his past too. It's a bit arty-farty with loads of slooooooooooo mo and blurry footage for some reason. Also, one minute he's in the Giro, the next the TDF.

I quite enjoyed the peleton footage tho and Cav's a bit of a laugh

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Thanks, will download to watch later

Loved the bit where DM is moaning to G about something. G just drifts away from him through the peleton.

Wouldn't we all have loved to do that on the club run at times...

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Loved the bit where DM is moaning to G about something. G just drifts away from him through the peleton.

Wouldn't we all have loved to do that on the club run at times...

Aye, that was the highlight - with all the footage they had, they managed to turn out a pretty duff programme - all arty-farty shots and slo mo - I think the director though the most important person was himself lol

bladesman73

Über Member
Cant believe I paid for that tripe on amazon. Load of pants. At least talk about what you are most famous for fella which is doping.

Arty slo mo has a long tradition in cycling films, just look at A Sunday in Hell^_^

I saw this in a cinema and the peloton footage is incredible on a big screen. Charlie and Robbie in the car are great, especially during the changing of the gloves and of course Millar is Millar in all his Marmite glory.:laugh:

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Arty slo mo has a long tradition in cycling films, just look at A Sunday in Hell^_^

I saw this in a cinema and the peloton footage is incredible on a big screen. Charlie and Robbie in the car are great, especially during the changing of the gloves and of course Millar is Millar in all his Marmite glory.:laugh:

I think the director completely missed a trick with the peloton footage. Instead of showing us what it was actually like (he was bound to have the footage) instead, he turned it into some A Level type art project. And as for the closing sequence, it looks like Millar is still in his doping days lol

DRM

Guru
I've not had a chance to watch it yet, but I recall reading in David Millar's autobiography that they had loads of hassle getting permission from the UCI to film, fit cameras on bikes etc, then missing some of the best footage because of this.

Top Bottom